anyone tried this one: creative zen X-Fi style
May 6, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 23
I think of it as more of a tactile version of the Xfi2. It uses the same basic case as the Xfi2 and has same style of Xfi. I came across a German language review for this and while I don't read or speak German, I think it was positive. I've been Googling for a review on this for a few weeks and so far that was all I found. It hasn't been out a month yet though so hopefully it'll get reviewed soon.

May 7, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 23
Sorry I don't, I just googled "Creative X-fi syle review" and it was among the first 10 postings. Hopefully you can find it and if you can read German you can report back what it says.

May 8, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 23
www.portablegear.nl/reviews/Creative_Zen X-Fi Style.htm

I had to do this manually. Also it occurred to me that I found this on Yahoo. Sorry, I use the term Google as generic. Anyway hope you find it. Yahoo often has a translater but it isn't plugged in on this.

May 9, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #11 of 23

the review of the portablegear is quite simple(you can see the translate below). They say this little player has a touchscreen while I don't believe it. And they say it lack a tf card slot(what a pity). In fact, I think it is a intriduction,not a review
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Review Creative Zen X-Fi Style
Introduction
Creative Zen X-Fi Style is the latest model of Creative X-Fi. The X-Fi Style has almost the same specifications as the previous Creative Zen X-Fi2 , but the player now has a new design and is slightly more attractive price. Compared to the original Zen X-Fi supports the Zen X-Fi Style (as is also the Zen X-Fi2) no WiFi. Well of course made use of Creative's X-Fi technology for best audio performance. Creative Zen X-Fi Style is equipped with a 2.4-inch touchscreen, FM radio, a voice recorder, an alarm clock and a calendar. The player can also movies (in MPEG, WMV or DivX / Xvid format) and pictures. The Zen X-Fi Style is available with 8GB, 16GB or 32GB memory and in black, white and red.
Device & dimensions
Creative Zen X-Fi Style is an advanced media player with a weight of 56 grams. The dimensions of 04.08 x 09.04 x player 1.2 centimeters. The usage time depends on the amount of use. Creative Zen X-Fi Style is available in the colors red, white and black.
Memory and connectivity
Creative Zen X-Fi Style is available in versions of 8 GB memory, 16 GB and 32 GB. There are no expansion slots for memory cards available. Creative Zen X-Fi Style connects via USB to your computer. It is not possibly to tracks and other data directly (such as Windows Explorer) on your ZEN X-Fi Style set, this is only possible with the included software.
Multimedia
Creative Zen X-Fi Style can both audio ( MP3, AAC, WMA and Audible 4 ), video ( MPEG4, WMV9, DivX and XviD ) files mobile listening and viewing. With the built-in picture viewer you can also view JPEG photos. The photographs and videos can be viewed on a 2.40 "screen with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels. This Creative is also equipped with a built-in FM radio for live radio on the go. It is also using the built-in voice recorder able to record sound.
Prices and Review Creative Zen X-Fi Style
Creative Zen X-Fi Style are currently no prices in the price database of Portable Gear. There is no assessment of the product available.

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 23
it also plays FLAC i have it for a week now and the SQ is very good i use earbuds and at the highest volume it's too hard so thats good you can adjust the x-fi and sounds great
I also use the koss porta pro and also sounds very good with video also with music but a little bit too weak but just a little so it is a good bang for your bucks.....
beyersmile.png

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #15 of 23
Creative makes sub-par sounding players nowadays. Really, the last great player they made was the ZV:M. These new dap's they produce have flat & lifeless SQ, and any enhancement they posses only ADDS to the horrid SQ they output. My goodness, when will you guys stop touting the Creative players as a real choice any longer - they're D.O.A.!!! And even if they play FLAC, what good is it if it comes out sounding mangled - creative SUX!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back