Anyone tried the Vinyl Zyme from Todd's? Sleeves?
Feb 25, 2004 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tylerbcrawford

New Head-Fier
Hey anyone tried out the Vinyl Zyme on their LP's?
How about the inner and outter sleeves from Todd's?
Definitely interested in these things and wondering what you cats think.
Thanks.

Feb 25, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 4
the inner sleeves from Todd are great. I'm happily resleeving my best lps in them, often replacing other high quality sleeves with these because they feel soooo fine.
I've also been recleaning these same records with the bug(tussell)juice. i am using a vpi 16.5. they were all previously cleaned with vpi's cleaning fluid on the same machine. many were also gone over carefully with "the disc dr."'s fluid and brush. on each there has been an improvement from the bugjuice. the albums i've bought more recently (some new and many used) have been cleaned with it alone with excellent results. (I use the 2 oz. concentrate mixed with 1 gallon distilled water, so I'm going full strength on everything).
noticably quieter play on the following treasures:
Japanese "pro-use" pressing of abbey road
white label promo of "if i could only remember my name"
1st english pressings of "stand up" and "tea for the tillerman"
new copies of jennifer warrens "the well" and the shins "chutes too narrow"
1st pressings of 3 atlantic otis redding lps.
von karajan beethoven symphonies from 1962/3
a boatload of miles davis on mosaic, classic and columbia 6-eye

Feb 27, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 4
I've used the Vinyl-Zyme on a few records. No record cleaning machine; just applied it to wet the LP and spread it around, let it sit for a minute, then cleaned with an Orbitrac pad.

Consistent with my experience with the Orbitrac fluid and 50% Isopropyl/50% distilled water, I've had to get the LP good and wet and "scrub" firmly with the Orbitrac pad to get a good cleaning. Then I have to go back with a drier Orbitrac pad just lightly misted with fluid (as per Orbitrac's instructions) a couple of times around the LP to get up any residue. The word on Orbitrac is that if you get the pad too wet, its fibers don't get down into the grooves very well.

This is doing a far better job on old, dirty records than Orbitrac's stock instructions (light mist and a couple times around the record). It seems to clean better than the other fluids I mentioned above but I'm not noticing a massive difference as of yet.

Feb 28, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 4
When I bought my SOTA moonbeam from Todd, he threw in a sample. I have since bought the concentrate to mix up my own. I think it does a good job in my situation. I use two Discwasher brushes. First one to spread it on and the second to wipe it off after the required time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back