Anyone tried the 'Equalizer Pro' app on iphone/ipod?
May 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lorriman

100+ Head-Fier
With Equ and Equalizer having issues of late (at least Equ is said to be a bit of a battery hog and Equalizer is crashing) I've been looking around for other options.

Equalizer pro has appeared. Anyone tried it? Is it genuinely parametric?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/equalizer-pro/id505170168?mt=8

May 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 9
I havent tried it yet.

I have EQu, Equalizer, Flacplayer, Stereophonic, sonic junky to name a few.

Interested that this equalizer pro also supports flac.

(flacplayer app has gain and 10 band eq also).

May 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 9
i tried it on my ipod touch 3g. it's cool but it has a lot of issues. 
it plays background, so you can do other things
It's very easy to do personal playlist, so you dont have to do it by itunes.
it's player is the same design as the ipod player, same when you as searching songs.
one of the best things is that you can configure the gestores of the player, and there are a lot, taps, swipes with one or two fingers...
But here ends al the good points for me
First of all, it has 3 equalizer options, low, high and extreme. With extreme my ipod simply stopped, i couldn't exit the app or do anything else until it closed the app ten minutes after. With high it goes generally slowly, and audio quality is good, but not more than other equ's. With low, is goes perfect, but the quality audio is not as good as you expected, is improves normal sound a little, but you note you miss a better sound.
It crashes a lot, when changing songs or surfing a lot through the app
Another bad thing, it takes a long to charge a long song, like sessions (I listen to electronic music so I have a lot), normally 20 seconds to start the session
the app is a battery drainer, 5% in 5 min, having it blocked without wifi, bluetooth, or other apps in background.
the app is only vertical, so equalizing gets inaccurate, as its the same as equ

So i dont recommend this app, since it has a lot of issues and problems

There is another, MyTunes Pro, it has a free version, where you can test it during 10 minutes every day or something like this. I've test it and is way better than this **** of equalizer pro. This has a thing called wow hd, which improve bass, definition, vocals and space, and you can configure it to headphones (in ear, earbud and over ears), car, speakers (small, medium and large) and internal. Then you can eq with 3 bands or 10 bands, you can speed or slow the music, it normalize the voume of every songs...
but the biggest problem i see is that it has to sync every time the library changes, and it takes like 2 o 3 minutes
another problem is the price, 5,50 euros in spain...

it's this: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mytunes-pro/id463041764?mt=8

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
i tried it on my ipod touch 3g. it's cool but it has a lot of issues. 
it plays background, so you can do other things
It's very easy to do personal playlist, so you dont have to do it by itunes.
it's player is the same design as the ipod player, same when you as searching songs.
one of the best things is that you can configure the gestores of the player, and there are a lot, taps, swipes with one or two fingers...
But here ends al the good points for me
First of all, it has 3 equalizer options, low, high and extreme. With extreme my ipod simply stopped, i couldn't exit the app or do anything else until it closed the app ten minutes after. With high it goes generally slowly, and audio quality is good, but not more than other equ's. With low, is goes perfect, but the quality audio is not as good as you expected, is improves normal sound a little, but you note you miss a better sound.
It crashes a lot, when changing songs or surfing a lot through the app
Another bad thing, it takes a long to charge a long song, like sessions (I listen to electronic music so I have a lot), normally 20 seconds to start the session
the app is a battery drainer, 5% in 5 min, having it blocked without wifi, bluetooth, or other apps in background.
the app is only vertical, so equalizing gets inaccurate, as its the same as equ

So i dont recommend this app, since it has a lot of issues and problems

There is another, MyTunes Pro, it has a free version, where you can test it during 10 minutes every day or something like this. I've test it and is way better than this **** of equalizer pro. This has a thing called wow hd, which improve bass, definition, vocals and space, and you can configure it to headphones (in ear, earbud and over ears), car, speakers (small, medium and large) and internal. Then you can eq with 3 bands or 10 bands, you can speed or slow the music, it normalize the voume of every songs...
but the biggest problem i see is that it has to sync every time the library changes, and it takes like 2 o 3 minutes
another problem is the price, 5,50 euros in spain...

it's this: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mytunes-pro/id463041764?mt=8

I too noticed this unacceptable problems. absolute garbage in this day & age they cant get a smooth reliable EQ app. Its like microsoft made this.

So basically this app is very unreliable & causes alot of frustration & makes me wanna throw my ipod at a brick wall.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 9
SonicMaxPro is the only one I use - the only one I found that was any good.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #9 of 9
I have an iPod Touch 3g 64gb coming soon and I was looking for an EQ app, I will probably go with the SonicMax. 
Question
How much different would the iPod Classic version 5.5-7 (rockboxed w/ EQ) be versus the 3G Touch with the EQ app?  I know you can't rockbox the touch so I'm curious to see the SQ difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back