Anyone tried super tweeters?
Apr 20, 2006 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

warnsey

100+ Head-Fier
I've been doing a bit of looking around and these seem to be an interesting addition to an audio setup. They sound good just pop them on top of your existing speakers and connect them to the speaker terminals. They aren't cheap especially the ribbon ones. They are suppose to extend the frequencey bandwidth. Anyone had any experience with them?

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I have a set of piso super tweeters on my home stereo system. They require some EQ and gain balancing to get them to mesh properly with the main speakers, but they sound great.

See ya
Steve

Apr 21, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Super tweeters are a neat idea, but remember that CDs contain no musical information beyond 22.05 kHz. If you're listening to SACD or DVD-A a lot they make more sense. (That's ignoring the reality that most adults cannot hear beyond 18 kHz, though I've read a couple studies suggesting there might be some perceptual effect.)

In practice, I think most people tend to use supertweeters not as supertweeters, but instead as a crude way to EQ the top octave. They probably don't realize that's what they're doing. As long as it sounds good to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back