Anyone tried Sensaphonics with amplifier?
May 12, 2005 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

earlinarizona

New Head-Fier
I was curious if putting an amplifier in front of the Sensaphonics makes any difference since they have great sensitivity. If anyone used a tube amp, did it soften the sound to be even better?

May 12, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 5
I own a pair of Sensaphonics and use if from an amp every night (tried it with a PPA and SR-71 and soon a Benchmark DAC1). It does improve the sound, but it is not really a night and day deal. I recommend if you want a smooth amp you should try and get an Emmeline HR-2 Headphone Amp, it is know to have a black background with the Sensaphonics and many people like it in there setup. If you want to go a cheaper route get the SR-71. A word of warning though, amps that have a high gain might have some issues with background noise with the Sensaphonics, so keep that in consideration when you go get an amp. If possible try out the amp before you buy to avoid getting stuck with something that might not be the best for your situation. I hope that helps.

May 12, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm okay with a stock SR-71 and Sensas. I usually have the knob at 10 o'clock, which gets you out of the unbalanced volume at the low end. And it's sensitive enough that I can fine tune the volume just fine.

Best,

-Jason

May 13, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm alway's bummed when the sr-71 batterys give out and I'm forced to use the ipod straight up with my Sensa's. And my e-5's. It's So smooth!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back