Anyone tried Jbuds J4 or Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50ABK?
Jan 2, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #16 of 35

Quote:
I don't know the exact size of the iPhone port, but the reinforcement around the jack is pretty thick, so I doubt it would fit well with anything recessed.

It can take anything slightly thicker then this. (left side, the right goes into the headphones) I did manage to shove the tip of one those cheapy headphones that they put with t-shirts (theyre actually not bad when compared to  budget headphones BUT they leaked like no tmr) those are slightly thicker then this AKG plug & are ribbed. p.s this is the cable for the K450 & K480NC & any sudden tugging force if theyre in a recessed jack will break the tip.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #17 of 35

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna fit.

Klipsch S4's, for reference.

By the way, if anyone was wondering, decored Shure olive tips fit pretty well onto these, although they don't make a huge difference sound-wise. I'm using this as an excuse to mess around with my camera, so let me know if there's anything else you want to see.

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #20 of 35

Quote:
No problem, sorry they aren't going to work out for you.

They might still. I just got a smart idea. I can plug them into the akg extension cable for the mobile phone & then use another cell plug to general plug cable again :) not sure how that would effect quality, but it would only add like 8 inches to cable length.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #22 of 35
Hi! I obviously new over here, and I have a question, well a couple actually.
I was looking for some new headphones since my creative ep-630 just stopped working for some reason. And, i really liked the Jbuds 3 because of the reviews, and then I saw that the Jbuds 4 is a better and newer version. So now I want to get these. But they are pretty expensive to me, so I want to be sure on some things.

How is the quality of the j4? I read that you said it was ok in your earlier post, but after using it for a while, I was wondering if you like it now.

And, if you ever tried the ep-630 or cx-300(like a copy of each other, just different brand) then can you tell me how the quality is compared to it. I just want to know before I buy it so I know i am actually getting a upgrade.

Thank you very much!!!

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #23 of 35
Well, so far I've been using them off and on during the day and the burn-in page on JLabs' website, and they certainly sound better. The bass has mostly cleared up which allows the mids and highs to come through a bit more clearly, although now I'm experiencing some harshness and sibilance. To be fair, though, I think this may just be my ears, since I sometimes hear a ton of sibilance with every pair of headphones I've ever owned and sometimes even just listening to people talk. I've never tried the cx-300's, so I can't comment on that, nor have I tried the J3's, so I couldn't say whether not they are a huge upgrade. I will say that decent sound quality and a seemingly rugged design make them worth the $40, but I'm still looking for a worthwhile replacement for my S4's.

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #24 of 35
Hey! thanks for the reply!

I know you said that you like the J4, but this thing that happens to me is that after I get something, i feel that I should have got a different one. So my question is that, do you wish that you got a different one instead, and if so, which one was it?

I really have no experience with buying headphones, so I really need help.
Thanks!

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #25 of 35

Quote:

I know you said that you like the J4, but this thing that happens to me is that after I get something, i feel that I should have got a different one. So my question is that, do you wish that you got a different one instead, and if so, which one was it?

Thanks!

Going to throw in what I understood from what he said, theyre not bad for the price & there's many Pro's but for what he wants/needs its not exactly hit the mark yet & he's still looking for a different model to truely replace his previous set since the J4 arent cutting it. 
 this sum's it up "I will say that decent sound quality and a seemingly rugged design make them worth the $40, but I'm still looking for a worthwhile replacement for my S4's."  

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #26 of 35
i own the jlab j2 earphones.  i was skeptical at first about its performance because they were only 10 dollars shipped with amazon prime.  but surprisingly, they were pretty decent.  i swapped out the stock tips with some spare ones that i had from my jvc marshmallows and that improved them even further.  they do require lots of burn in though.  im at about 20 hours on my pair, but it still sounds a little muddy. i'd only go for jbuds if i am on a budget, otherwise i'd look for something a bit higher end.  i'd say meelec's products are a step up...if not 2 or 3 steps up.

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Thanks!

I think that I'm done looking for a while. When I bought these, I had narrowed my choices down to the J4's and the Ultimate Ears 500, but the UE's were out of stock at the time. Having burned these in nearly all the way, I still don't regret buying them, although they aren't perfect. I have to say though that these are the most inconsistent headphones I've ever owned. I could listen to the same song four times, and have it sound mediocre twice and amazing twice. However, I'm still happy with my purchase, considering the cost. I would say be wary if you are buying these as your only set of earphones, but they are definitely worth a try if you have others to fall back on if you don't like them.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #28 of 35
Thanks for the reply everyone!
I am now deciding on if I should get the J4 or the S4. All I will have to pay is $40 because I already have a gift card for $40, so the money is ok. And, you said that the J4 is not as good as the S4. Plus I like the way the S4 looks a lot more than the other one.
If I decide on getting the S4, i will get the one with the control and mic, the s4i because it is only $3 and it will work with my phone.

So, do you like the Klipsch S4 a lot more than the J4, and would you consider it worth $80?
The main reason I picked on the s4 is because of the great reviews and ranked in the top 5 in many places for earbuds under $100

If there are any other earbuds that you guys want to suggest please tell me, but keep it under $80 please. I do not want something too cheap either, because I want something that is better than the apple earbuds and the creative ep-630.

Also, I will make a new thread to get more peoples opinion on the both earbuds, because there might be alot of S4 owners that can help me that did not see this thread
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #30 of 35
I KNOW!!!! I am really fortunate to be able to get $40 off, or I could never get my parents to EVEN think of getting it!

BTW, if you guys want to know how, go to getfreeprizes.webs.com (my website) and look at gaming lagoon and swagbucks...That is how I got my gift cards, haha!!!

I got a reply in my other thread about the ViSang R03, and those seem really good too...

If anyone has any more suggestions, please tell me!

Im going to do more research and see if there is a earphone that I left out on my search, because the only thing that is pulling me away from the S4 is that it is pretty old, and new products are better than old, right? Or does this not apply to headphones???

Bye, Thanks in advance, I'll reply back with my decision......If I ever make up my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back