Anyone tried either Matrix X-SPDIF or Yulong U18 USB-SPDIF converters?
Mar 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kane Williams

100+ Head-Fier
I know the U18 uses the 'problematic' TE8802L chip, but have the drivers been sorted out yet? I know the company provides drivers. The Matrix would not require any drivers, as I'm on OSX. I want the ability to play 24/192 files, that is why I am looking at these. I would be going into my Denon AVC-A1SE. I also have a Xindak Dac5, which is connected to my PC via a Emu 1210m. This card does 24/192, but I could also use the USB-SPDIF device with this DAC too and see if the results are any better.

BTW, the Xindak is an up sampling DAC (96 or 192 selectable). If I give it a 192Khz sample rate to start with, and chose 192Khz for the output, will it pass it through, or will it resample it, resulting in possibly lower jitter?

Both of these converters are similar prices, so it's all about performance. Anyone know which results in the lowest jitter signal?

Thanks

Kane

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #4 of 4
An Ebay seller who sells both the Matrix and Yulong has told me the cheaper Yulong (be the same price if I add PSU) sounds the better of the two.

I am now deciding if I should go for this to use with my MBP or an Aune X6 at twice the price, but that will act as a stand-alone music server (running from USB HDD/SSD)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back