Anyone tried both the DT 990 250 ohm and the DT 990 Black limited edition 250 ohm?
Jan 28, 2022 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

100Ohms

New Head-Fier
So i was wondering if anyone else has tried both of the headphones mentioned above. The 990 is the "newer version", with the new Beyerdynamic logo (The one thatt looks like an Y). Dont know if they have changed the sound somehow from the earlier units with the old logo Looking like this Beyerdynamic))))

I currently have both in as testing (most likely going to return 1 of the models). And for me they sound a bit different from each other. The Limited edition seems sounds like it has more bass around 60-100hz. It sounds more "boomy" or how could i say it. Meanwhile the newer 990 with the grey pads sounds more flat, having less of the "kick bass" and more bright on the highs. It is pretty easy to notice on the tracks that dont have really bass quitar or 808 sub type of sub bass.

So i was just wondering if anyone else has tested the both models and has noticed the difference in the sound between the units. I dont think the pads can cause this big of a sound difference. I even tried swapping the pads from another to another unit, but the Limited edition still sounded more bassy even with the Grey dt 990 pads that are knows to reduce bass Specially in the 770 units ( if you use those instead of the 770 velours).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back