anyone tried audio technica in ear phones?
May 24, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 9
This is not what you asked but I had ATH CM7 SV and they are very good phones, but they lack BASS so I sold them.
Very detailed, clear sound, almost perfect.
eggosmile.gif

May 24, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 9
The CK7 is good, very akin to the ER6i in terms of sound IMO with minor differences mainly in the bass (ER6i extends deeper and is slightly more detailed while CK7 is punchier).

To the basshead, the CK7 will sound thin.

The CK5 is utter rubbish, it feels as if it has no bass and the entire frequency spectrum feels downtuned and muddy.

CK31/32 slightly improves on the CK5, but even given their price point of US$19 where I live, I find it hard to recommend them over the likes of slightly more expensive budget semi-canals like EP630 and -> Cresyn LMX-E630 <- [rare item?].

Isolation wise, it'll be what you'd expect from a semi-canal, sub-standard compared to IEMs, but they still get teir job done OK-ishly without having to push your volumes to ear-splitting levels.

May 24, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 9
I can't believe I missed the $69 sale. I even emailed them about stock and they said they had 'enough left', and then I go to buy yesterday and they're 'out of stock'.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I don't feel confident about them getting more in either, so now I may just go with one of those OEM CX-300/EP630.

Somehow I feel like I contributed to my not getting them by talking about them on here recently.
frown.gif

WTB: A-T CK7

May 25, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #8 of 9
You must have posted in another thread which I missed. What do you meann by missing the $69 sale? Who are "them"?

Warehouse123.com still have them on sale for $69.50 - I just checked. I ordered from them on the Wednesday night and recieved them a week later here in rural Oz. Pretty good service!

I haven't had a chance to give them a real go yet, but first impressions are they're not quite at the ATH-CM7ti standard (which cost a lot more). However, in a noisy environment, there would be no contest - CK7 easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back