Anyone think disabling all sound effects in windows 10 actually worsen the sound?
Jul 19, 2020 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ScareDe2

500+ Head-Fier
I did not want to believe it because I wanted to stick with the fact that sound effects would potentially introduce more distortion in the music, but if I uncheck the box and leave everything uncheck (speakers properties - Enhancements) the sound quality improves, to my ears at least, which I find quite strange honestly. Anyone experience this?

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I can't explain it, but I do know my DAC is no longer having crackling noise ever since I rolled back to version 1909 from 2004. I was lucky enough in having an earlier backup as once you have 2004 running for 10 days, you are SOL and stuck with it unless you got a backup of an earlier version or do a fresh install.

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 3
I can't explain it, but I do know my DAC is no longer having crackling noise ever since I rolled back to version 1909 from 2004. I was lucky enough in having an earlier backup as once you have 2004 running for 10 days, you are SOL and stuck with it unless you got a backup of an earlier version or do a fresh install.
From my experience, 2004 update of W10 has had an effect on audio settings. Prior to this update I had set a buffer of 512 samples on Waves NX app for Windows with no sound issues at all. Since the latest 2004 update of W10 I have had to lower the buffer to just 64 samples, because otherwise it introduced audible artifacts noise in sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back