Anyone successfully using BitPim+LG-VX8300(Verizon)+OSX10.4(Tiger)?
Aug 6, 2007 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Romanee

Headphoneus Supremus
Is anyone 'round here successfully using BitPim+LG-VX8300(Verizon)+OSX10.4(Tiger)?

I had a few surmountable issues under OSX 10.3.9, but since I installed Tiger I cannot get BitPim to see the phone using the (previously successful) Verizon USB Cable or Bluetooth connection.

All attempts to "detect phone" or even just select "Phone Wizard" instigate "Device Removal" and "detection failed" errors.

I thought these issues might be unique to the new version 1.0.0 Official, but trying all other recent versions (0.9.0.9 thru 0.9.14) under Tiger brings the same failures.

Anyone?

Aug 6, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 5
yeah, i did that last night
smily_headphones1.gif
lol, what are the odds someone will answer "yes"???
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i did that last night
smily_headphones1.gif
lol, what are the odds someone will answer "yes"???
smily_headphones1.gif

Uhhh … okay … got any suggestions as to how I might overcome these weird problems? BitPim "help", of course, says "If you still cannot get BitPim to talk to your phone then you are out of luck."

So … if I can't find a way around, I am *@^~ out of luck!

Before installing Tiger, I needed to unplug and replug the phone to enable BitPim to detect the phone, but once done it worked fine. No longer…

Apple has really screwed us by allowing only a handful of phones to sync with Macs via iSync. What is wrong with that company?

Aug 6, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I've done it... I had the same problem.

BitPIM -> Setting/Preferences -> Com Port

Manually set it to

Operable Ports (Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth)
Serial (/dev/cu.LGVC8300-BTDIAG-1)

Not

Bluetooth-Modem2 or whatever.

Very slow, verizon sucks.

BTW, it won't detect the phone but when you click on the import from cellphone it still imports everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back