Anyone seen Porcupine Tree on the current tour?
May 4, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #16 of 20
Funny - I wasn't impressed at all by Bigelf. Different stokes, I guess.

May 7, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #17 of 20
I might see them in NYC in September. Gotta make sure I get those tickets though. Sort of uneasy about leaving the concert at midnightish in the middle of the big apple though @_@

May 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #18 of 20
Set list for Montreal show.  WOW, what a show. Bare stage with just equipment on it, no smoke rising from floor.  Effects just done by lights (like Pulse).  I think the wider stage gave the band a fuller appearance, The little video going on behind sometimes filled the whole back wall with lights and patterns.  And the sound, just imagine being in a venue that is made for music.  SWEET!  So in less than a year seeing the same band in two diff atmospheres.  The first being a semi-bar was a great concert.  The second being the home of Montreal symphony orchestra.  Can 't get any sweeter than this.  :)
Now bring on the Ottawa bluesfest, with Rush and Dream Theater.  And of course CANJAM 10 too!

Setlist.

All of The Incident

Hatesong
Wedding Nails
Buying New Soul
Anesthetize
Stars Die
Way out of here
Normal
Bonnie the Cat

~Encore~
Blackest Eyes
Trains

May 9, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #19 of 20
Glad you enjoyed it, bikeboy!  I also thought the cool light show was awesome. 

It's funny how seeing "The Incident" performed live has given me a deeper appreciation for it.  I like it as much as anything they've done now.

May 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #20 of 20
Also was at the Montreal show! 

Amazing show. Albeit I saw them at the Metropolis in September too, I was still stunned by The Incident.. Really makes me appreciate the album even more (not that I don't already love it)!

Highlight for me was Stars Die and Buying New Soul.. I think I cried a few times at those haha.

Next up, Rush in Quebec City! :D Good year for music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back