Anyone seen Meet The Fockers yet?
Dec 24, 2004 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm heading out tonight to catch the 11:30 showing. I was wondering if anyone here saw it yet, and what they thought. Don't give me spoilers though! Maybe I'll just refrain from reading this post until I get back later tonight
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 9
A friend of mine who works at a movie theater previewed it a few days ago. He said it was really funny, though overall not as good as the first one. He also said that a lot of it was almost painful to watch, due to the incredibly awkward and unfortunate series of events they've managed to put the characters though. Which sounds a lot like the first one, really
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 9
I just saw it this morning. I found it amusing. Just like the first movie, everything that could conceivably go wrong does, and then some. Of course it works out happily in the end, but it's really one of those movies where you just groan and squirm around in your seat saying, "Oh my God, he didn't" and "How could that happen?". IF you liked the first movie, you'll like this one. I didn't think it was quite as good, but it was still very entertaining. Enjoy!

Dec 24, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 9
They really overdid it & I spent most of the movie cringing and going "how can people be such complete whackjobs?". It was way too set-up & fake. If the movie tickets weren't free courtesy of my friend's work, I'd have gone and demanded my money back.

Dec 24, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #5 of 9
I just saw it tonight. It definitely wasn't as believeable as the first one as there were some scenes that will make you think "there's no way..."

Overall though, I actually thought it was funnier than the first one despite some stuff being over-the-top. Definitely go see it if you enjoyed the first one, good movie!

Dec 24, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 9
Well tonight was pretty worthless...I drive all the way out with some friends and we find that the movie theater had closed. It didn't matter that the online postings said there was an 11:30 show, I guess they just decided to pack it up and go home. Looks like this movie will have to wait a few days
rolleyes.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 9
I saw it today as well. It was highly enjoyable and much more ridiculous than the first. Still had a good bit of clever humor and was overall quite funny. Gaylord's parents were WAY overdone, however.

Dec 24, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 9
I don't think I'll be watching due to Barbara Strisand's appearance in the film.

I would have loved to have seen Dustin, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back