Anyone see "The Hunted" yet? (spoilers/trivia)
Mar 17, 2003 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

brent_mr2

100+ Head-Fier
I know we usually don't post movie threads here, but I thought I'd share this with you all since I'm in Portland.

As you'll soon see, I'm going to be very nitpicky with this movie since they are showing my town and that's the only way I know how to view it
wink.gif

I found it kind of strange in one scene where this guy had clear red syrup dripping from his head, I couldn't understand what it was, hehehe.

Jeff Gianola was in it, a real life local news anchor. He reported for the scene of the white truck accident. It wasn't completely authentic since Gianola is an anchor, not a reporter. They also used the real life logo for KOIN six, the same station he works for in real life. Then throughout the movie, every single MAX (Metro Area Express) light rail train had an ad with him on it. What's even cooler about this is I got a chance to meet him at one of his parties (my father was working for the same channel as him). So for the first time, I saw someone in a major movie I actually met in person.

The interior shots of the MAX were not actually the MAX. There are no circular vents in the ceiling, I know b/c I ride the MAX alot. Also, the exterior of the car was not the same kind of car the interior shot depicted. The "accordian" equipped cars are the older ones where you sit higher up (non wheelchair accessible), but when he got in, you could see that the floor was lower and the seats were along the sides like the newer ones.

MAX trains don't have "Portland" as the destination sign on the front. They either state "Gresham, Hillsboro, Airport or City Center". But I know the movie execs just wanted to put in another plug for Portland.

It wouldn't have been as easy as it looked to break through the accordian junction on the older MAX car, it's pretty thick and built strong. But of course anyone that doesn't ride the MAX wouldn't know that.

The cement skate park under the Burnside bridge that many of you have seen on Jackass was in the movie too.

They showed way too many other landmarks to list, any Portlander would appreciate it.

There was also a real life local street performer in the movie, it's this guy that wears all silver. Even his face and painted silver pants. I don't know if it was the real life person though.

I thought the movie was a pretty good cat and mouse type action movie and I highly recommend seeing it, especially if you're interested in moving to Portland or live here. Two thumbs up, way up!

Mar 18, 2003 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 2
I didn't realize how nitpicky I was there until I read it again just now, geez!

It's just a movie.

Sorry for all the negativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back