Anyone see Primer?
Jan 9, 2006 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rsabo

500+ Head-Fier
I got "Primer" for Christmas, seen it 3 times...starting to understand it. I think it's amazing for the budget they did it on, but every time I watch it I'm left scraching my head.

Anybody think they have most of it figured out?

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 10
A beautiful movie. Its all about time travel. I wish i had more time to explain, it is a rather complex movie, i think that adds to its originality. If you search google i think they have a few spoiler explinations... Sorry i dont have the exact links.

Mar 12, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 10
Just watched it!

Blimey!

I think I liked it but not sure if I really understand it. But I bought it for this reason. Multiple watchings are a necessity the reviews said and boy they weren't kidding!

Can't wait to watch it again!

Amazing that it was filmed for $7000.

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 10
I saw it last year, on a friend's recommendation.
The first time, I was totally lost by the end. The second time I watched it, a few more things made sense, but there were still so many details that weren't explained that I watched the whole movie a third time with the directors commentary. Unfortunately, the director admits that not everything has an explanation. Some scenes are totally off-the wall as if for artistry's sake? What?
confused.gif

Anyway, I felt kinda disappointed after that. I really like movies where the audience gets to solve part of the mystery themselves, but this film just crapped all over that genre and made me feel misled.
mad.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 10
****Possible spoiler below****

argh! that voice at the very beginning is his own. Its the recording that he left for himself but you get to hear it before you know whats going on. so through the entire movie he already knows whats going on. Oh my this is hard to explain.

at the very end he travels back to before he know about the machine (the spare his friend left running) and then while both of them were existing in the same timeframe, he went somewhere far away while his oblivious double was to live out his life like it was supposed to without the invention of the machine. But at the very end, the guy that traveled back in time to the very beggining, the one that went somewhere far away from his original self, was building a much larger scale version of the machine, for purposes unknown!

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 10
birds in the attic? i don't remember that

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tilt
birds in the attic? i don't remember that

It's been a while since I've watched this, but didn't they drug an extra and stash him in Aaron's attic? His girlfriend makes a comment about noises from the attic at some point...

Mar 14, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkisz
It's been a while since I've watched this, but didn't they drug an extra and stash him in Aaron's attic? His girlfriend makes a comment about noises from the attic at some point...

give the man a prize...

What I want to know is why their handwriting went all weird after however many trips. Creeeepy.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back