Anyone reside in Oklahoma?
Aug 4, 2005 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Kassem

500+ Head-Fier
Because that would be sweet!

I haven't heard ANY good headphones and, as far as I know, there is no place in Tulsa or surrounding areas that even has decent headphones!

Jeremy

May 3, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 13
I just noticed your older thread. I am located in oklahoma right near to you! I go to OU, but I live in muskogee so tulsa is only 30 minutes away! We should get in touch for over the summer.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 13
I just joined and saw this thread. I'm from Oklahoma City
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 13
Resurrecting a thread: Tulsa here.

For what it's worth, Guitar Center does carry some quality IEMs (and even *gulp* the Apple store). The EarPlug Superstore in Fort Gibson (of all places!) carries a selection of high quality IEMs, too. They're primarily internet-based, but I think they have a small store presence. It's where I got my ER-4Ps way back when.

Otherwise, yes, our options are really limited.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 13
Resurrecting again. I'm from the Lawton area.
Nice to know there are some Okie Head-fiers!

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 13
OKC here also, but I mostly go to Austin/Dallas meets. Dallas meets happen twice a year and it's only about 3 hours away, doable in a single day if you can last that long. Usually I'm leaving by 6-6:30am and get home after having dinner in Dallas by 10-11pm.

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #11 of 13
Just created an account here too.  I'm in Tulsa (midtown).  Currently, for a headphones setup I have an oldish HeadRoom Total Bithead dac/amp and some Etymotic ER-4P's IEM's and a Sennheiser HD280 Pro cans.  I don't use my ER-4's much anymore because I find over the ear cans to be a lot more comfortable for me - not to mentioned a whole lot easier to put on and take off.    I also have a decent home theater setup and bedroom 2.1 setup for music though I'm not sure how much that type of gear is discussed here.

Right now I really want to upgrade my office gear (read: headphones) and I'm not sure if I want to go with a tube amp or solid state amp.  It would be great to have some type of local meet where I could try a tube amp and some nice headphones to see how much of a difference I can hear and rather or not I like the sound :)  But I'm not sure how much of that type of gear exists in Tulsa.

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #12 of 13
Tube or solid state doesn't matter too much. Both can sound like each other's stereotypes. It's more the layout and topology that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back