Anyone recently serve jury duty?
Dec 18, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #18 of 21
my scheduled week starts on the 24th... that's christmas week =X

time to bust out the "i'm an engineer major," "i think blacks are dirty," and "i am a college student" trick

Dec 18, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin_J
This has been such a hassle. Wish I had not registered to vote - as a dem in MA, my vote really does not count.

one word: mitt.

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #20 of 21
I've been summoned so many times for jury duty that I've lost count. I've only had to serve once as the I've been excused or dismissed for the other summons. Here where I live you will get selected for jury duty if you have a valid state driver's license or if you're registered to vote.

It's also very tough to get excused from jury duty now days. Those days of claiming financial hardship, being a college student, not understanding enough of the English language, etc. are over and won't necessarily get you a ticket out from serving. Funny thing is my good friend's mother works for the state jury pool and tells me that she sees my name come up in the selection process all the time.
frown.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #21 of 21
I've been called for jury duty 4 times and I actually served on a trial back in January. It wasn't too bad. It was from 10:00 till 3:00 every day with 1 1/2 hours for lunch. I didn't try to get out of it cause I wanted a few days off from work, plus the courthouse was closer than work so I had a shorter commute too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back