Anyone read Japanese?
Oct 22, 2004 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PeterR

European Group Buy Coordinator
Below is what came with my new cans. I guess it goes along the lines of Congratulations, thank you for choosing a SMCI product etc... I also take it the cord is 2.5m long
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there something else in it I should know? Don't need a full translation, but if somebody who can read this could give me the gist of it would be great.
cd900st.png

Oct 22, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 6
MDR-CD900ST.
It's a professional headphone.
Look below for specs.
For inquiries or repair, look below.
No warranty period.
Defective cans will be replaced.
Specs.
Inquiries contact address.
Repair contact address.

Oct 22, 2004 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 6
Rough translation follows. Great headphones BTW. Very accurate reproduction without being dry or boring at all. The SACD listening stations in Japanese HMVs all have MDR-CD900STs.

-kaitsuburi

=================

To: All Customers

Thank you for purchasing the MDR-CD900ST!
These professional-grade headphones have been produced through the collaboration of Sony Corporation and its Music Studio Division. Please consult the table below for exact specifications.

Please direct all inquiries pertaining to the product itself to the product support contact below. Please direct all repair/replacement requests to the repair support contact below.

We regret to inform you that since these are professional-grade headphones engineered for use in music studios, we do not offer a free repair period. However, all repairs/replacements of defective products are free of charge. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Product Specifications:

Impedance: 63 Ohm
Rated Input: 300 mW
Max Input: 1,000 mW
Frequency Range: 5-30,000 Hz
Cord Length: 2.5m
Weight: ca.200g (cord included)

Product Support Contact:

Sony Music Communications, KK
Special Sales Planning Division / Special Sales Dept
Ichigaya Tamachi 1-4
Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo 162-0843

Repair Support Contact:

Makeup Company, YK (weird name, eh?)
Jiyugaoka 2-15-17
Meguro-ku
Tokyo 152-0035

Oct 22, 2004 at 2:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks a lot!
Haven't had a chance yet to give them a serious listen, but I'm really looking forward to it. Will let you guys know how they turn out...

Oct 22, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Japanese singer Utada Hikaru wears them consistently in her studio performances. I wonder if she gets any ad money from Sony for so conspicuously displaying the "red band" headphones. Or perhaps the cans just go with the Toshiba/EMI studio atmosphere...

Please, do tell us how you like them!

-kaitsuburi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back