Anyone read Albert Camus?
Jun 27, 2003 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting one of his books. I used to read "The Stranger" and like it. But i'm not sure about the rest. Has anyone read his works? WHich one is good besides the above one that i mentioned? Maybe from other writes as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,
NEO

Jun 28, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Of course, Camus is great! The Stranger is perhaps the best read. I teach from -The Plague- (in translation), which is the fullest expression of his philosophical views.

The myth of Sisyphus is very fine, but it is an essay and not a novel.

Enjoy!
cool.gif

Jun 28, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 10
I'm reading the stranger right now... very interesting stuff.

Jun 28, 2003 at 7:52 AM Post #7 of 10
not much of his stuff. Only The Stranger and The Plague. Both interesting and worth the time.

Jun 28, 2003 at 5:53 PM Post #8 of 10
biggrin.gif
they made me read it in high school a few years ago and "La Peste" (The Plague) was part of my finals. I knew that book and Camu's life inside out, but I have never read the english version though. I just hope it is a good translation since it is a very good book (I would have love it if I was reading it for pleasure and not my exams) , translation can be annoying sometimes, for eg Shakespeare in french is just complete nonsense.

Jun 29, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #9 of 10
Great author. Try Exile and The Kingdom - five or six shorts stories about people at turning points in their lives and The Rebel - essay on humanity's revolt against authority. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back