Anyone play any music games?
Dec 9, 2011 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

RexAeterna

Headphoneus Supremus
i don't know if this has been asked before or not on a thread, so i'm just curious. i play tons of different rhythm/music games since i was younger starting with DDR(dance dance revolution) and as i advance i found myself enjoying ITG(In The Groove) much more for harder difficulty and overall better song selection. i haven't played in months at any arcades but last time i played i still had it since i still had my endurance and i can fellow the tempo very easily by ear. i still play pc version,stepmania and sometimes on FFR(flash flash revolution).

i also got into guitar hero,frets on fire,drum mania,keyboard mania and beat mania as well. basically loved every single music game just about even if i had to buy some of them overseas and order them straight from japan. i still have my japanese DDR games and modded PS2 to play foreign titles. just haven't bothered with it since the cobalt Flux pad i had broke cause of me being dumb when i tried fixing a plastic panel and i can basically do it on my computer now as well.

not much into nowadays since i been having tons of other interest but still play every now and then and still love it. i'm guessing some people play some rhythm games since lot of people like music? i just find it good to learn how to fellow a beat and help with hands, feet, and eye coordination, but i mostly used my ears more than my eyes since for some reason i have no issues picking up rhythm and i know when a song is not stepped right and off-beat. that's why i get so annoyed when switching back and forth from ITG and DDR(same thing can be said about stepmania and FFR).

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 20
Dec 11, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 20
I can play any Expert stuff on Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Not really fun for me anymore though.

Favorites have to be:

DJ Max Series (PSP)
DJ Max Technika (Arcade)
In the Groove (Modded machines only. 2000+ songs. Win)
Pop N Music
Beatmania (Any of the IIDX series)

The soundtracks for Beatmania and DJ Max are fantastic and I have quite a few of them.

EDIT: And Rhythm Heaven on DS. Heck yes.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 20
Rocksmith is really cool. A bit of an identity crisis between being a game vs. guitar trainer but tons of fun and you'll learn a ton from playing it if you don't already know how to play. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 20
i didn't know they made games for the DS and PSP. i knew about the Vocal-loid(did i spell it right?) thing but it was only japanese release i believe. i don't own a psp or ds anymore anyways. i barely even play games much anymore. haven't touched my xbox 360 or wii for over a year or gamed on my pc since Alice:Madness Returns came out. i do still play stepmania and FFR(Flash Flash Revolution) every other day just about. seem music/rhythm games is only thing that i can quit playing for years and still pick it up naturally like it was programed in my body and mind lol. seriously too. i haven't played DDR in years and didn't even know of the new arcades(super nova 2 i believe) and went there to play few games since my brother asked if i wanted to hang out to play DDR. surprisenly i still had the ability to detect/hear the rhythm and i still have my good endurance to score a AA on Max 300. i guess stuff just stays with you(like learning to ride a bike when younger?).

i have no idea what happen to my guitar hero games. i think i gave them to my brother.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #9 of 20
The Vocaloid games are great, but not much of a challenge compared to DJ Max. They both have great music though. There's 2 DJ Max games available in the US, but the rest can be imported and have an 'English' option.

Quote:
i didn't know they made games for the DS and PSP. i knew about the Vocal-loid(did i spell it right?) thing but it was only japanese release i believe. i don't own a psp or ds anymore anyways. i barely even play games much anymore. haven't touched my xbox 360 or wii for over a year or gamed on my pc since Alice:Madness Returns came out. i do still play stepmania and FFR(Flash Flash Revolution) every other day just about. seem music/rhythm games is only thing that i can quit playing for years and still pick it up naturally like it was programed in my body and mind lol. seriously too. i haven't played DDR in years and didn't even know of the new arcades(super nova 2 i believe) and went there to play few games since my brother asked if i wanted to hang out to play DDR. surprisenly i still had the ability to detect/hear the rhythm and i still have my good endurance to score a AA on Max 300. i guess stuff just stays with you(like learning to ride a bike when younger?).

i have no idea what happen to my guitar hero games. i think i gave them to my brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back