Anyone planning to get the AT Ti Limited Edition?
Apr 25, 2002 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Kubernetes

100+ Head-Fier
AT Titanium Limited Edition

These headphones look awesome! I've been planning to get a pair of W100's, but I'm wondering if these might be a better purchase. If anyone decides to get these, can you post a review ASAP?

Apr 25, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 29
You might have to wait a while for a review, considering they just put them on there website yesterday! They might not have any in stock yet (just from past experience with new product announcements) and most of us don't live in japan hehe. They do look very nice though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Apr 25, 2002 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 29
A Gist translation of the AT details page includes this line: Quote:

I realize super hardness & high speed of sound sex in a lightweight titanium housing industry to win blue by special processing.

How can you resist?

Apr 25, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 29
I thought at first that the drivers might be the same as the W100, but just in a different housing. But they do have different impedences and different voice coils. Man do they look cool!

Apr 25, 2002 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 29
Apr 25, 2002 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 29
Here's the babelfish translation:

- It actualizes super rigidity & treble fast characteristic with the lightweight titanium housing which shines in the blue with uniqueness processing.
- You use the large aperture phi 53mm driver unit of the W2002 transferring.
The private design which adopts the titanium flange of light weight & high rigidity.
- It corresponds to the super digital audio of the SACD player and the like.
- With robust super hard coat * diaphragm high power time pliant treble quality.

Looks like it might well be the W2002 driver. But if that's the case, why is it so much less expensive? Wood vs titanium... I would think the Ti is more expensive to produce.

Apr 25, 2002 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 29
Here's a comparison of three AT phones:

W2002:

Driver: Phi 53 mm, neodymium magnet,
Superhigh class OFC8N
Bobbin winding voice coil,
Per men joule magnetic circuit
Output overpressure value: 102dB/mW
Playback frequency zone: 5 - 40,000Hz
Allowance input: 2,000mW (EIAJ)
Impedance: 40 Omega

W100:

Driver Unit: 53mm, Super hard coat diaphragm, Super high class OFC8N bobbin to wind Voice coil
Magnet: Neodymium
Frequency response: 5-30,000 Hz
Impedence: 48Ù
Max. Input Power: 2,000mW
Sensitivity: 100dB

A100Ti:

Driver Unit: 53mm, Super hard coatin 16ì diaphragms, OFC6N bobbin winding voice coil
Magnet: Neodymium
Frequency response: 5-30,000 Hz
Impedence: 38Ù
Max. Input Power: 2,000mW
Sensitivity: 100dB

Hmmm...

Apr 25, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Kubernetes
It actualizes super rigidity & treble fast characteristic with the lightweight titanium housing which shines in the blue

Damn ...I'm going for it! Actualizing the rigidity and treble fast, is exactly what I've been trying to do. Especially with blue shining......
eek.gif

Apr 25, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 29
I dunno rick, you gotta be careful. It might have treble fast, but there's a good chance it isn't actualizing the rigidity.
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 29
Thanks for the caution, Neruder...but I'm more worried about the robust super hard coat......not to mention that quirky "special processing"...even with the high speed of sound sex .......
eek.gif

Apr 26, 2002 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 29
wait wait.... Do these headphones actually enable you to have sex with the sound?? And fast?? That's some heavy marketing i would say. sold.

Apr 26, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #12 of 29
I want uniqueness processing! I just wish it would realize super hardness & high speed of sound sex in a lightweight titanium housing which shines in the black with it.

Apr 26, 2002 at 3:11 AM Post #13 of 29
Damn, I couldn't write add copy like that if I tried! Their marketing guy is a twisted genius.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody run something through one of those translators, then back? It would outstandingly most become of interest while nearby.

regG

Apr 26, 2002 at 3:18 AM Post #14 of 29
Okay, back to the original question:
yes, I am considering procuring a set. Unfortunately my employment situation is rather unstable at the moment, so I have to hold off. Damn, I am starting to have dreams about those blue beauties...

(begin Homer voice)

Snore...beeeeer....snore...paaaancaaaakes...snore. ..titanium headphones...snore...boooobies...snore...

gerG

Apr 26, 2002 at 3:38 AM Post #15 of 29
Yeah, but they DO cost $279 (at audiocubes.com). I still don't understand how that could work if they had the drivers of the W2002's, which cost $800!! Maybe somebody could clear this up by e-mailing Vincent Chan or someone else who works for AT . . . or maybe they won't tell us, but it's worth a try!! Also, somebody really has to hear these. I'm going to piss my pants if somebody doesn't soon.
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back