Anyone pick up the In A Silent Way Sessions 3CD box, yet?
Oct 24, 2001 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Impressions? Comments? Reviews? How much would you pay for it?

Oct 25, 2001 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 6
I've been mulling it over for awhile and finally decided to order it when I get home. As a matter of fact I'm listening to Mademoiselle Mabry from Filles de Kimimanjaro right now just to get in the mood, as it's on that set. I'm going for the LP/CD combo. So far the reviewers I've read were very impressed. You can find one at http://www.allmusic.com. Do you have it?

Oct 25, 2001 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Do you have it?

No, but it's just a matter of time. I just want people to get me all revved up for it.

Oct 25, 2001 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 6
A friend of mine picked it up yesterday. He had listened to the first disk and was quite enthused.
I don't know if I'll get it. I already have about half the music on this set in one form or another, and Filles de Kilimanjaro is not one of my faves. I also still don't have the complete Bitches Brew set. Based on the extra track on the latest Bitches Brew 2CD rerelease and the four extra tracks on Big Fun, I think I'll buy that first. But I will certainly be listening to the Silent Way set later this week.

Oct 25, 2001 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 6
If your collection lacks some of the studio outakes and unreleased versions of Miles' music from this recording session then try this set.There is no undiscovered gem here.If you are a fan Miles' then listen and enjoy, it is good stuff.I liked it.It is strange that whenever one of these new box sets is released the previous versions of a recording featuring unreleased studio work seems to dry up.

Oct 25, 2001 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

It is strange that whenever one of these new box sets is released the previous versions of a recording featuring unreleased studio work seems to dry up.

Yeah, gotta keep the product moving...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back