Anyone owned/tested the BlueAnt Embrace Headphones in comparison to the B&W P5 and P3?
Jan 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NewSound86

Head-Fier
I know that all 3 headsets look fairly similar and all 3 are supposedly meant to have a flat response but for anyone who's had all 3 or tested all 3 could you tell me how the BluAnt compares to the B&W sets? and which you prefer personally.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 6
I did a test with all three of these a while back and the P5 sounds more neutral to my ears.  They are also much easier to listen to because I found nothing wrong with the lows, mids, or highs.  The others had issues in one place or another making them poor choices.

The P3 is a poor sounding headphone.  The BluAnt is a compromise.  I cannot remember the specifics about the BluAny, but I do remember I did not like its sound signature and to me it had some serious issues.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I did a test with all three of these a while back and the P5 sounds more neutral to my ears.  They are also much easier to listen to because I found nothing wrong with the lows, mids, or highs.  The others had issues in one place or another making them poor choices.

The P3 is a poor sounding headphone.  The BluAnt is a compromise.  I cannot remember the specifics about the BluAny, but I do remember I did not like its sound signature and to me it had some serious issues.

Would you say that the BlueAnt's were superior to the P3's though? from what you remember of them.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 6
I think the P3 was more articulate and had less distortion than the BluAnt.  I really cannot recommend the BluAnt based on sound quality.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 6
I had the P5 & BluAnt, and also preferred the P5 to the Embrace. For one thing, it's awkward to actually keep it on one's head, something's wrong between the pressure and the shape of the pads, which are convex-shaped (!) rather than flat and thus tend to slip easily. As for the sound, I didn't care for it either, it's quite on the muffled side and generally muddy. I'd say pass on it...

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #6 of 6
I have the BlueAnt Embrace headphones and have about 50 hours on them now. All of the before listed reasons not to get them have gone away. These things sound good. Flat response, but will produce whatever the audio source sends out to these phones. Good build quality with good quality materials. They were $200.00,then $150.00, then $79.00, and now they are $16.99 on Amazon. For that you cannot pass up a set.They have a nice leather case as well. If I had the money,I would buy a bunch of these for Christmas presents at that price.
C.

I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back