Anyone notice the typo on the Grado pizza box?
Jul 29, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal_Blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shoudl we raelly be makign fnu of Mr Groda's lysdexia?

Why nto?

Jul 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 24
I wouldn't wonder if someone going to say "the cans on the boxes with typo error has more bass extension and clarity. The difference is very much noticable"

Jul 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 24
I heard the misspelling of "vioce" was intentional. The ink used on the packaging has a very tiny amount of mass. By changing the lettering of that one word, Grado was able to adjust or tweak if you will the gravitational pull for that specific portion of the pizza box which in turn helps tune the transducers to make them more revealing and faster. Apparently the coiled cable in the box also benefited by having the electrons line up thus improving the clarity and speed of the headphones. Amazing what the smallest amount of gravity will do. Of course, all of this is relative to the location of the product within the Grado warehouse and likewise the distributer from which the headphones were purchased.
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't wonder if someone going to say "the cans on the boxes with typo error has more bass extension and clarity. The difference is very much noticable"

x2

Jul 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #20 of 24
i thought all the boxes have typos... so what would they be clearer and more extended than? you know what the sad thing is? the fact that people WOULD actually notice the change and say there is a difference. *sigh*

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #21 of 24
If you add pink glitter inside the box, then it will increase bass transits and bring the 20hz+ FQ up by +/- 5db's (depending on how much glitter you use). Don't use green glitter- it will sound too heavy.

To tame the highs, I used a higher density foam with no hole cutouts. Everything sounds very neutral now.

I'm not sure about the oi and io versions though. I'm going to switch the letters around and see which sounds better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeipaCray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
***Amazing what the smallest amount of gravity will do. ***

Have you tried listening upside down yet with the cord vertical in the air? Gravity pulls the electrons down faster than when you sit upright. Night and day difference imo.

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried listening upside down yet with the cord vertical in the air? Gravity pulls the electrons down faster than when you sit upright. Night and day difference imo.

No I hadn't thought of that. If I'm upside down, aren't the frequencies backwards?
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #23 of 24
Somebody "take one for the team" and give this a try, and report back here....
Could this be the latest "tweak"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back