Anyone need anything easy to make?
Aug 3, 2010 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
I plan on making some cables for personal use sometime in the next month and don't mind making a few cables here and there
for those of you who can't afford to buy some decent cables.

Anyway...if it's not that hard...then I'll make them.

RCA cables - sure
Minis? - I have to look if I have any connectors

I think that's all I'm willing to make...haha.

Anyway, no promises but if I'm sitting there anyway, I don't mind making a few more. I'm not in the cable making
business anymore so I have a bunch of parts somewhere around the house.

Just post what you want and I'll see what I can do. Limiting this to 2-3 people, picked at random. 

And if anyone is interested in a free Grado leather headband, check out my MOT thread.

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #5 of 10
Before I started making cables I was thinking no big deal..
Once you get into LODs some days you want start pulling your hair out after you miss count a pin and wire it 1/2 way up...

Remember to take breaks in between cable making so you dont burn out...

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #7 of 10
I just bought a Maverick Audio D1 DAC and A1 Hybrid amp, and a pair of Grado 225s. Now I am financially wiped out for quite some time. Would love to get my hands on a quality, 1.5ft rca interconnect for the dac and amp. Let me know what you think is fair!

Alex

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #10 of 10
If at all possible, just a new mini jack with strain relief, maybe 6 inches to a foot that I can splice onto my current headphone wire? Dog chewed up the old connector/cord, and I'm not sure I can salvage it, and I definitely cannot afford a new pair of of cans. I could paypal you a few bucks or something for your troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back