Anyone make a thin short iPhone plug for audio 3.5mm?
Oct 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FlyPenFly

100+ Head-Fier
The biggest failure point among all the high end earphones + controls (Klipsch X10i, Phonak Audeo, etc) has been the plug to plug in my iphone.

They always seem to eventually fail from use. EIther they get bent in my pocket or the way it sits in my pocket plugged in or constant in and out kills it.

Does anyone make a cheap but decent and Small/short plug so that I can just replace those once in a while instead of having to mail it in every few months. It has to support the start/stop/mic/skip/volume controls so I don't think a normal 3.5mm extender would work.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 5
I've been wondering the same thing, I've looked through all the respected brands like Neutrik and Switchcraft etc, but they don't seem to make 4 pole connectors (which is what you're looking for to support the mic).

I ended up ordering one of these as it was the best looking and cheapest I could find (doesn't say much, I know)
I'm hoping it'll arrive tomorrow, so I'll report back about built quality and dimensions etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160656789098?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back