Anyone made a comparison between RE0 and IE8?
Nov 30, 2009 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

N0051215

New Head-Fier
I was convinced I (ahem) needed the IE8's in my life - but then I came across "possibly the best dynamic IEM ever" review of the RE0......and then saw the price of them?!?!

So as the title says, anyone out there own/ heard both to give a comparison??

If they really are THAT good, I may have to reconsider.......
confused_face.gif

Thanks

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 4

monoblocks

Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by N0051215 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was convinced I (ahem) needed the IE8's in my life - but then I came across "possibly the best dynamic IEM ever" review of the RE0......and then saw the price of them?!?!

So as the title says, anyone out there own/ heard both to give a comparison??

If they really are THAT good, I may have to reconsider.......
confused_face.gif

Thanks

My RE0 is still new and I only have about an hour's time on them, but if I only have the RE0 as a comparison marker at least one thing is clear: I won't be selling my IE8 set anytime soon. The RE0 is very nice, but not that nice to these ears.

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 4

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
You might want to hold off and see what CN11 thinks of the CKS70, I have not owned or heard the IE8 but I liked DTKZ's write about the CKS70 in his Bass Ahoy thread which suggested they were a decent bass based IEM that could keep up with the IE8 mostly, so I bought a pair. I have since started an appreciation thread for the CKS70 because I am enjoying them so much. If they are close to the sound quality of the IE8 at a price of less than $100 shipped they are a real bargain.

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 4

righteousball

100+ Head-Fier
I've got both and I agree with monoblock - for me it's obvious that the IE8 is the better pair all-round. Plugged into the same sources, both amped and unamped, the IE8 would be more detailed and more entertaining... and for my ears also more comfortable.

So in this discussion I think it's irrelevant whether the RE0 is the best in its class, good value for what it delivers or whatever... all I know is I haven't touched my RE0 since I got the IE8, it's just not good enough anymore and needs to be sold on HF for $30 or whatever. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the RE0, because it's better to just reach for the top once you have an appreciation for what the top offers.

Users who are viewing this thread