Anyone listened to a Xindak DAC-5 (both tube and SS DAC in one)
Sep 18, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #17 of 30
You are welcome. I looked at the link and I didn't notice the Xindak but he has a few Mono Blocks and the DAC. I was there when they were taking the cover off going though it.

Sep 19, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #18 of 30
I have seen quite a few - what I assume are - knock-offs on eBay....Xindak specifically state on their site that they do not permit this, so I assume the fakes don't have the high quality components likes the Wima, Rubycons etc.

Has anyone pitted the DAC-5 against other modern DACs (DAC1, NM24, DA10, Mini-DAC, DA100, etc.) or players (840C, SA8001, etc.)?

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #19 of 30
Mine was off Ebay and is a genuine product. I was concerned about that too, as Xindak say they "may" me fakes, and I know China is well known for countefeit products.

Xindak don't want anyone selling their gear besides authourised dealers (to keep the price higher), and say anyone buying from anywhere else would not get full warranty protection. Hoever, the company I bought from say they will cover it.

BTW, Xindak also say companies like Catylink etc are also not authourised and could be selling fakes! It's just scae mongering.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #20 of 30
Here are some pics inside my DAC-5. Please let me know if it does look suspect?

Sorry they are a bit soft. I took these with my phone, as I can't find my camera!

Xindak3.jpg

Xindak2.jpg

Xindak1.jpg

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #21 of 30
I'm afraid I would not have a clue what to look for. All I can suggest is checking the online photos and comparing them as a reference:

147200.jpg

dac-5_lg.jpg

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #23 of 30
The only thing I can see that is different is the wires coming from the PSU/transformers are different colours, but then again, this is also true in the two official pics (they are different in both their pics). Both those pics also show different coloured casing (the front is the same). Mine has a black case. Also, the bolts holding down the transformers are a little longer on mine.

Jul 15, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #24 of 30
I just listened to this DAC a few days ago and was just blown away by how good it sounds I own a musichall dac25.2 which is also a tube dac and the xindak was just on a whole other level sound wise, I've also listened to an mhdt paradisea on the same system before but the xindak hands down sounded better ,  the xindak was stock btw I'm not sure about the pardisea though, I imagine the xindak is on the level of the Havana.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #25 of 30
Has anyone compared the lite dac-60 or lite da58 with the xindak dac-5? I have a lite dac-58 which I use with my Senn hd800's and I really like it but the xindak peaked my interest . Specs wise the xindak looks better and it has much better transformers that's for sure but I was wondering if anyone has actually heard both?

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #29 of 30
Dude, it's called the Google. Learn it, use it, life is good.

http://www.xindak.com/en-us/product_detail_info.asp?id=326

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #30 of 30
There was an online Hi-fi store that shipped them from China that sold them for 595 I forgot the name of the store, google is your friend .I paid 595 for my music hall I feel like I overpaid because you get a better sounding dac with the xindak for the same money, ehh such is life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back