Anyone like to rip to FLAC w/ cue sheet and reburn?
Aug 27, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its in the guide, but...

Prior to ripping in EAC[put in CD]. Hit 'F4' to detect gaps[this takes 10-20seconds]
Go to Action > Create CUE Sheet > Multiple WAV Files With Gaps... (Noncompliant)[it asks you were to put it...]

I appreciate the response and I understand how to create a CUE sheet, but I swear I was doing it all in one step...somehow. I ripped several hundred CDs, and I am 99.9% sure I was using one step and getting individual-trac FLACs and a CUE sheet without having to do the processes separately. Is that possible, perhaps with a helper app?

Thanks again for the help.

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #17 of 25
AutoFLAC is probably what you are thinking of...

It creates CUE sheets for individual gapless tracks at the same time as ripping... AutoFLAC is an automation script for EAC, that can do tagging, cue sheets, and other stuff...

I'm surprised more people don't know about it to be honest... it makes EAC easier and more useful for FLAC users

Sep 3, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #18 of 25
AutoFLAC is EXACTLY what I was thinking of, thanks. I was using it earlier this year, and it worked like a charm.

BUT, now I'm having a different problem, with AutoFLAC. When I set the parameters within it, "Create Cue Sheet" is checked by default. That's fine, but the options within that--"Embed in image" and "Delete ext cue"--are greyed out and not available to me, regardless of whether I check or uncheck "Create Cue Sheet."

I do not want to embed the Cue Sheet, preferring to have it available as a file (which is how I was ripping earlier this year). Now I cannot get that configuration. I posted on another forum where the creator of AutoFLAC frequently participates, but I've gotten no reply. Any idea why this is happening?

And a related question...

CUE sheets are still new to me, and I am not sure about what an embedded one does for me, or how to utilize it to recreate a CD if I need to. Any help there?

Thanks so much for the assistance.

Scott

Sep 3, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 25
I've never burnt a CD w/Cue, I thought converting the 'wav' in them to 'flac' would be okay?

Sep 3, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #20 of 25
I do this as well. I don't really purchase that many CDs, so when I do, it is a really special one. I open the package, rip it using EAC with a log, create a noncompliant CUE sheet, encode it with FLAC(and tag), create the M3U playlist, and I'm done!
biggrin.gif

The CDs are immediately put in a protective sleeve for archival storage afterwards.

It's really convenient. If I ever need a copy, I simply decode the FLAC to WAV, and burn the CUE using EAC to get an exact copy of the original.

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphex944 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's really convenient. If I ever need a copy, I simply decode the FLAC to WAV, and burn the CUE using EAC to get an exact copy of the original.

Except that Chri5peed proved earlier in the thread that a CD sourced from WAV+CUE is not an exact copy of the original...

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #22 of 25
He didn't prove anything other than he doesn't have his drive or ripping method setup correctly.

Let me prove it's possible. This is from an earlier version of EAC:

Quote:

"Track 1
Filename C:\ripping\AFX - 2 REMIXES By AFX - 01 - [untitled].wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:02.00

Peak level 98.8 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Test CRC BC53A633
Copy CRC BC53A633
Copy OK

Track 2
Filename C:\ripping\AFX - 2 REMIXES By AFX - 02 - [untitled].wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:00.07

Peak level 98.8 %
Track quality 99.9 %
Test CRC 67364CB1
Copy CRC 67364CB1
Copy OK

Track 3
Filename C:\ripping\AFX - 2 REMIXES By AFX - 03 - [untitled].wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:01.61

Peak level 37.0 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Test CRC AFA826CB
Copy CRC AFA826CB
Copy OK

No errors occured

Now, with a NEWER version of EAC, I burned a CD using WAV+CUE generated from that older version. This new version even has AccurateRip. Everything matches perfectly:

Quote:

Track 1

Filename C:\ripping\AFX - 2 REMIXES By AFX - 01 - [untitled].wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:02.00

Peak level 98.8 %
Track quality 99.9 %
Test CRC BC53A633
Copy CRC BC53A633
Accurately ripped (confidence 8) [D366BE9F]
Copy OK

Track 2

Filename C:\ripping\AFX - 2 REMIXES By AFX - 02 - [untitled].wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:00.07

Peak level 98.8 %
Track quality 99.9 %
Test CRC 67364CB1
Copy CRC 67364CB1
Accurately ripped (confidence 7) [FF613D09]
Copy OK

Track 3

Filename C:\ripping\AFX - 2 REMIXES By AFX - 03 - [untitled].wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:01.61

Peak level 37.0 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Test CRC AFA826CB
Copy CRC AFA826CB
Accurately ripped (confidence 6) [AF2421D7]
Copy OK

No errors occurred

So either he doesn't have his write offset correct, or something else is screwed up. It is plainly and perfectly possible though to create an exact copy transparent to AccurateRip or any other software.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #23 of 25
Thanks aphex944, that's good news.
smily_headphones1.gif

Over time, I've seen EAC setup guides change their recommendations for proper ripping settings. Could you direct me to the one you used for setup (or one that closely matches your setup)?

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphex944 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So either he doesn't have his write offset correct, or something else is screwed up. It is plainly and perfectly possible though to create an exact copy transparent to AccurateRip or any other software.
smily_headphones1.gif

I had my drive offset at 40 instead of 48 for some reason?

Goes to show only EAC can make identical burns, thats one in the eye for itunes rippers.

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #25 of 25
This guide is pretty close, but I would recommend enabling "No use of null samples for CRC calculations" as well as "Retrieve UPC / ISRC codes in CUE sheet generation." I also have "Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out" enabled, but I think this might be drive dependent. I also use the native ASPI driver, not sure what difference this makes.

Everything else looks good! I do all my encoding/tagging independently of EAC, but I'll probably set that up soon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back