Anyone knw any australian online vendor that sell Headphones (particularly HP890s)
Jul 18, 2002 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 29
enak
I am sorry to tell you this but I owne the philips 890 and find that they are very power hungrey and need lots of power to be at max. I think it is because of the 50 mm drivers. You cant go by the specks. I cant even drive them to max with my total airhead portable amp. Now once you get enough power to drive the 890s they still ant that great. If you have the power to drive the 890s I would rather drive the senn.580s with the equniox replacement cable and be in headphone heaven. I keep my 890s in a draw and use my koss-35 to max with my total airhead and can just use the 35s right out of a pcdp for great sound. Yes you can drive the 890s ok but that how they sound ok but if you want great sound you need lots of power. I have found that to really enjoy a can you got to get it to max sound.

Jul 18, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #17 of 29
I agree with most of what you say, but this will have to do, i am only 16
wink.gif
and cant just go out and get an amp
biggrin.gif

Oh well, ill survive with this for now.
Maybe for a bday present i could get one.....

Jul 18, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #18 of 29
Hah! I'm 17 here, and I somehow got persuaded into buying some Etymotic ER-4P headphones for about $575AU.

Damn, it's a sickness.
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #19 of 29
[whinge] Yeah I personally feel sick for being an Aussie when it comes to researching & buying hi-fi stuff. To import from the US/UK means extra moolah for shipping + customs tax blah blah blah....[/whinge]
redface.gif

Jul 19, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #20 of 29
HappymaN
Where did u get the er4p???
An Aussie shop?
or imported

Jul 19, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #22 of 29
/rant i hate australia, everything i want is either expensive or not availiable
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jul 19, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by enak
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Join the club buddy!
biggrin.gif

Soon enough, you'll get used to the practise of adding shipping and customs charges on top of the purchase price.
redface.gif

On a side note, I've finally found a CD shop which stocks SACD. It's a shop by the name of "Birdland" (I know, I know!
biggrin.gif
) and it's located near Martin Place. Website addy is www.birdland.com.au

Jul 19, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #24 of 29
I'll probably move to the US for university, that could solve the shipping charges a little
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Vitalstatistix

ahahahaha! Such dedication!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Well education and reputation is so much better over there as well, so thats a ++
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2002 at 2:02 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

It's not all that bad, we get some things at very good prices here so you generally just have to look at what you can get locally at a good price and go for that instead
smily_headphones1.gif

It's pretty much the major reason I haven't got a huge Sennheiser collection, locally the prices are a complete ripoff. On the other hand, Beyer stuff is extremely well priced and IMHO definately not inferior to Sennheiser (in fact the local warranty and support for Beyer is probably better than that offered by the Sennheiser distros)

Jul 19, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #29 of 29
You raise a few good issues, but still the general gist of things down under isnt that good compared with our larger neighbours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back