Anyone knows the output impedance of these amps?
Jan 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tarsonis

Head-Fier
Hello, after a long research I can`t seem to find any info about the output impedance of the Fostex HP-A3. I asked the Fostex support, but the were not really polite with their type of answer. I should look into the specs on their page and the rest not mentioned there isn`t meant for the public...
Well I would want to drive about 4 headys with it and they all got different impedances and I need to be sure that I have no compromises in the FR. (I read about the 1/8 rule and some more stuff by NawAvGuy.)

I also thought about getting the Lake People G93 amp because I could get it really cheap from a studio mate. The Lake People website says the impedance is10kohms. I don`t get it 10000ohms?! Anyone could explain it for a non expert in electronics?

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 5
The lake people impedance is probably the input impedance and not the output.  When you ask about the impedance you need to specify whether you want the input impedance, output impedance, or a specific impedance of a specific output like the headphone out.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 5
Yes of course, but this both devices would suit my needs, if I would find a info about the output impedance of headphone jack. I don`t get why so much companies hide such important info...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back