Anyone know where I can find someone to combine two Beta 22's into a single 6 channel?
Aug 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ericfarrell85

Member of the Trade: WoodWarmth Products
I currently have a 3 channel Beta and another 4 channel on route. Unfortunately the 4 channel is XLR only and therefore could not be used with an RCA only preamp (I prefer to use a Zana Deux > Beta > HD800 and my CSP2+ also has RCA only outputs). So I thought I would combine the two together into a 6 channel, using the four boards for balanced operation as well as two single ended amp boards with active grounds. Does anybody know where I can get this done or perhaps there is someone willing to undertake this project? Also, is there a recommended chassis for a 6 channel? If I'm going to go all-out on the Beta I ought to have a case suitable to the task. 

Thanks for any help offered, 

Eric

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 5
beta 44 
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 5
Why not get some rca to XLR converters?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3pin-XLR-Male-to-RCA-Mono-Female-jack-Plug-Mic-Amp-audio-Adapter-convertor-Metal-/130948806105?pt=AU_Television_Accessories&hash=item1e7d2835d9

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 5
Why not get some rca to XLR converters?

I took this from a different thread but was under the impression that this applies to me:

"If your "balanced amp" is "fully balanced," meaning that its internal signal path is entirely balanced, and both its red and black speaker terminals are actively driven (as opposed to the black terminal being grounded internally), an rca-to-xlr adapter or adapter cable is not a suitable solution. It would probably result in 75% of the amplifier's power capability becoming unavailable, because only one side of the balanced signal path would be driven with a signal."

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 5
you need to rewire, add TRS, maybe SE  RCA inputs too, switch some connections on the 4-board balanced amp to drive SE - you really don't want to short 2 active gnd amp outputs together

AMB shows rewiring the output, switching input for 4 board balanced to 2 channel, "passive gnd" unbalanced - try that and tell us if you can tell in controlled listening the difference with the 3-channel - I really doubt the difference can be heard if you "blueprint" the channel gains, level match, listen Blind

as in car engine tuning where "blueprint" means tweaking everything to precise tolerance:
Engine blueprinting means specifically to create an engine that reflects the design intent through the removal of manufacturing tolerances insofar as that is possible such that the engine literally reflects the actual blueprint created by the original engineers who designed the engine. While many people confuse blueprinting with high-performance engine building or tuning, these are in fact different goals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back