Anyone know where I can buy spare/replacement memory foam ear pads?
Mar 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 12
Have you tried the JVC website? I think they might be expensive though. Have you thought about buying Comply tips?

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 12
JVC has replacement pad listed on their website for $6 and change, but it is unclear if this is for just one pad, or a pair. It does say earpad and not earpads, however over $6 for just one seems way too much considering how small the earpad is, and that the whole headphone sells for under $15.  It also says sold out now. They don't mention how much shipping is. A new JVC Flats is only around $14 on Amazon with free US shipping.  If you can get a pair of earpads for under $7 with free shipping that wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise it pays to get a new HAS160, and hope you can later find the pads cheaper. I have been looking for velour earpads for the HAS160.

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #9 of 12
The earpads on my JVC's are fine but I just find them a little uncomfortable and fiddly to sit right on your ear. What I was looking to do was get some better earpads to put on the JVC's and whenever they eventually break, I can buy another pair of JVC's and swap the earpads onto this new one. I haven't got loads of money at the moment so the JVC flats are perfect for me to use as cheap portable can.

Would the Sennheiser HD25 I velour pads fit the JVC flats? I have never owned some of these Senns so I haven't got a clue if they would be a good match.

Head-fi user 'Swaffleman' mentioned that he used some Bose pads in a JVC thread:

"Also, I had some really nice memory foam ear pads that I used on my bose, and they just happened to fit perfectly on these, and that has improved the "hollowness" quite a bit. These ones are also a ****load more comfortable than the original ear pads, and those weren't bad.

A backfiring of putting on these ear pads is that for some reason, they REALLY boosted the bass. The bass was already loud. Now not only did I fit them with bose pads, but now they actually sorta sound like the bost tri port...too bassy.

But I like these pads too much."

I've tried sending him a pm but he hasn't got back to me, nor has he been online for about 4 months.

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 12
Sorry for reviving a thread this old but I too would like to have JVC HAS160 stock pads replaced with more comfy and preferably something a bit thicker. Can anyone has any idea apart from the bose pads mentioned earlier? Of course, if the pad's price goes beyond or comes very close to the original price of the headphone then there is no point. I'm just curious to see if there is any option on this.

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 12
I took a look at BOSE headphone earpads and found the BOSE QC3 and BOSE OE2 to be potentially similar in size to the JVC Flats. However, the QC3 earpad has a hard plastic structure in the back which I fear might not fit well with the Flats. The OE2 pads look good so I'm ordering a pair and will report back with how well they fit.

Here are my measurements:

JVC HAS160 Flats 
Earpad overall 60mm x 54mm
Earpad attachment ring 38mm x 38mm
Earpad hole 23mm x 20mm

BOSE OE2/OE2i earpads

The BOSE OE2 has larger dimensions in the attachment ring than that in the JVC Flats earpad, but I think it may work anyway because the attachment ring is still within the dimensions of the Flats' actual size.

Ordered the pads for <$4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back