Anyone know what planar magnetic headphone below $250 has the most bass?
Mar 26, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #31 of 43
They all sound very similar. Both Crossfade 1 and 2 are wired and bluetooth is an added bonus. M-100 Master are no better from what I read (no bluetooth). The Crossfade 2 are still in production. Shadow is just a special color scheme. Stay away from the Lp. Nos Crossfade 1 would be the best value. But Crossfade 2 do fold nicely. They all have nice cases and very easy to drive. Good luck.

Thanks very much for all the great information! I think I did ok, ya never know when something good is going to pop up. What do you think?

Attachments

• V-Moda Gunmetal.jpg
    V-Moda Gunmetal.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 0
  • V-moda gunmetal 2.jpg
    V-moda gunmetal 2.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 0
  • V-moda gunmetal 3.jpg
    V-moda gunmetal 3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #32 of 43
Thanks very much for all the great information! I think I did ok, ya never know when something good is going to pop up. What do you think?
NOS? Nice. Good work. Remember to EQ them for her. Screenshot_20220323-203219_SoundAlive.jpg
Or default pop is good also.
Don't forget to report back.
Your gonna be really surprised at the quality of music coming from her phone. I own some pretty decent headphones.
AKG K1000
AKG K340
HIFI. HE400I
SEN HD58X
SEN HD598
FIDELIO X2HR
When EQ'd from my phone THE V-Modas are preferred just as much if not more than the top 2 and 2 tiers above my others. Enjoy

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #33 of 43
Thanks for the info and I'll look into those, funny I was under the impression the 5XX leaned toward the high side.

Any thoughts on the Fostex T50RP MK III or the Shure SRH840?
Cant' speak for them stock, but I've tried out the t50rp with the modhouse mod and that has TONS of bass. A bit out of the price range here tho unfortunately

Mar 26, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #35 of 43
NOS? Nice. Good work. Remember to EQ them for her. Screenshot_20220323-203219_SoundAlive.jpg
Or default pop is good also.
Don't forget to report back.
Your gonna be really surprised at the quality of music coming from her phone. I own some pretty decent headphones.
AKG K1000
AKG K340
HIFI. HE400I
SEN HD58X
SEN HD598
FIDELIO X2HR
When EQ'd from my phone THE V-Modas are preferred just as much if not more than the top 2 and 2 tiers above my others. Enjoy
Nice, thanks for the EQ curvy thingy!! :ksc75smile:. Oh yeah, I found an open box "never used" set for ninety bucks :wink:. Looks like you got some nice cans there as well. I'm really looking forward to how the V-Modas sound, Thanks!

Mar 26, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #36 of 43
Nice, thanks for the EQ curvy thingy!! :ksc75smile:. Oh yeah, I found an open box "never used" set for ninety bucks :wink:. Looks like you got some nice cans there as well. I'm really looking forward to how the V-Modas sound, Thanks!
Thanks, What a steal! Please report back.

Mar 26, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #37 of 43
Any idea what that mod entails? $$? I have heard of it and was going to try and look it up but got sidetracked. Heard good things about the T50RP.
https://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3
It could be better explained here than I could do. But my understanding is that it converts the headphone to a closed back, changes the pads to some ZMF ones, changes some of the insulation material inside the headphones and gives it a different sound signature.

Looks like its 120USD to get it done to an existing set and 290 for a new set.

Mar 30, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #40 of 43
https://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3
It could be better explained here than I could do. But my understanding is that it converts the headphone to a closed back, changes the pads to some ZMF ones, changes some of the insulation material inside the headphones and gives it a different sound signature.

Looks like its 120USD to get it done to an existing set and 290 for a new set.
Great thanks! When I decide to buy a set I just might try that. However, it's my sister who like the bass, I'm more into treble, but she may be looking for a second set by then if you know what I mean- :beyersmile::beyersmile:

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #41 of 43
I'm pretty convinced the HE4XX has the most bass from what I've been hearing and reading, and process of elimination. The 400 is hard to find and fragile, the 400i leans toward the bright side, sounds great for the price (I found one almost new for $90). 5XX = bright, HE400SE flatish with some low roll off. There just aren't any other brands in this price range. Stay away from the Andover PM-50 - garbage, and the "Ollo" they've been advertising on Facebook looks just like it so it's probably garbage too.

Mar 30, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #42 of 43
I'm pretty convinced the HE4XX has the most bass from what I've been hearing and reading, and process of elimination. The 400 is hard to find and fragile, the 400i leans toward the bright side, sounds great for the price (I found one almost new for $90). 5XX = bright, HE400SE flatish with some low roll off. There just aren't any other brands in this price range. Stay away from the Andover PM-50 - garbage, and the "Ollo" they've been advertising on Facebook looks just like it so it's probably garbage too.
5XX is far from bright(own them) the 400i is yes bright (heard them don’t own them) don’t know about the 400SE haven’t heard them do own the 400S . Own the HE-400 and they do require some power but are fun.

Mar 31, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #43 of 43
5XX is far from bright(own them) the 400i is yes bright (heard them don’t own them) don’t know about the 400SE haven’t heard them do own the 400S . Own the HE-400 and they do require some power but are fun.
Are you saying the 5XX are dark sounding? Funny all the reviews I've read said they were heavy on the treble. You wouldn't say they're bass heavy would you?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back