Anyone know what my old 70's phones were that looked like a copy of Pioneer SE-L40 ??
Aug 7, 2015 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

QUADGOD

New Head-Fier
I purchased a pair of phones back in the 70's and they looked identical to the Pioneer SE-L40's but the metal parts were silver not gold. The head band was similar width but did not split in two and was black pcv covered. I sold them at a car boot years ago as they weren't the best sounding out there of course but I should have kept them. The cable was black with I think tiny groves running all the way to the plug. Because they looked so similar and very good quality too with same type pads I had to assume a very good looking copy or a lesser costly Pioneer version maybe?
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 3
I purchased a pair of phones back in the 70's and they looked identical to the Pioneer SE-L40's but the metal parts were silver not gold. The head band was similar width but did not split in two and was black pcv covered. I sold them at a car boot years ago as they weren't the best sounding out there of course but I should have kept them. The cable was black with I think tiny groves running all the way to the plug. Because they looked so similar and very good quality too with same type pads I had to assume a very good looking copy or a lesser costly Pioneer version maybe?
Your suggestions will be appreciated.
7 years on and stil no replies🤔

Sep 9, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 3
Probably Pioneer SE-L20 or SE-L401

OR

Sonic Pro-26

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back