anyone know some good music magazines?
Apr 22, 2005 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

adhoc

Headphoneus Supremus
well, i'm looking for something that has:

1. nothing to do with classical music [i already subscribe to gramophone
wink.gif
]

2. has a focus on newer indie or rock bands [eg- clor, the flaming lips, the bravery, arcade fire, the dears, etc]

i already subscribe to dazed and confused, which offers an amalgam of music/photography/fashion/assorted performing and static arts - but, i'm looking for something with more of a focus on music.
frown.gif

so, anyone?
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Try Uncut magazine from the UK. That and Mojo are the best things going by far.

Apr 22, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 9
Got to agree with Markl. Uncut is the only music magazine I read nowadays. the free cd that comes with it usually has some pretty good selections.

Apr 22, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #7 of 9
Relix is decent though I don't know if they quite fit your emphasis.

I also have free sub to Blender because it is so bad that it cracks me up. (The best was an article titled "Christina Aguillera criticizes your bourgeios values." No I'm not joking.)

Check out www.all-freemagazines.com . They have links to a lot of one year promotional deals that allow you to check out magazines for free.

Apr 23, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 9
thanks all for the recommendations.

i'll only be able to check out mojo and uncut, as these 2 are the only mags that are easily available where i live. thanks markl.
wink.gif

and i've done the rolling stones before. not really.. my type of music.
blink.gif

PS: markl - you still have not responded to my question in the 'the bravery' thread i started!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back