Anyone know of a good place to audition 'phones in the DC area?
Oct 22, 2001 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
Subject pretty much says it all. I'm a student at Georgetown (with no car), so if anyone knows of any good stores in the DC area (preferably not far from a metro stop) to audition a wide variety of headphones, please let me know.

Dave

Oct 22, 2001 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 3
Here are a couple Sennheiser dealers (listed from Sennheiser's website). I think Soundworks has Grados too, if I recall correctly from the phone conversation I had with someone there a few weeks ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOUNDWORKS
DEM AUDIO/VIDEO
10526 CONNECTICUT AVE.
KENSINGTON MD 20895
Phone: (301) 929-8600

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MYER-EMCO
EMCO WHOLESALERS, INC.
845 QUINCE ORCHARD BLVD, STE Q
GAITHERSBURG MD 20878
Phone: (301) 921-0700

Good luck......and post back if you do end up visiting either of those places...I'd like to know if they're worth the effort to get to em.

Jeff

Oct 22, 2001 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 3
The only place I know of is Mars Music in Springfield and, of course, the various Guitar Centers, and they have mostly crap DJ headphones...they used to carry the Beyer DT770 Pro's, but no longer, for some reason...too good, I guess...

Actually, Soundworks is a pretty nice place to visit in general, lot of nice high-end stuff.

There are other Myer-Emco's in the area...I think...I think there's one in Tyson's Corner, and another one not far off from Bailey's Crossroads...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back