Anyone know much about the Sansa Clip?
Oct 30, 2007 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Illah

1000+ Head-Fier
1GB - $40
2GB - $60

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/16865

Basically an iPod shuffle competitor, except you don't have to shuffle and can actually pick what you want to hear. I hardly ever want/need a portable but at $60 this could fill those random moments when I do.

--Illah

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by cNet
Although most SanDisk devices sound passable, we've never been blown away by the sound quality of Sansa players. The Clip is actually a bit of an exception: This player sounds great. It's not quite as stellar as the Sony NWZ-A810, but it can certainly compete with the Zen Stone Plus. In our tests (using the Shure SE530s), music sounded rich and clear, with a present bass brought out more by tinkering with the custom EQ.

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/...2C+sleek+black)

Looks like it might be worth a shot!

--Illah

Oct 31, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 16
I've seen all the reviews and stuff too.. I want a player like this for running but I want sound quality too...

I can just get new nano for double the price and storage... I think I will do that if the sound is equal. Its larger but still fine for running I guess.

If the sansa clip beats the newer nanos in sound quality then I'm picking it up... Too bad these players are new on the market. I have to go to stupid best buy to get them. Anyway, my plan is to go pick up BOTH tomorrow and try em out then return the one i dont like so much.

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 16
I ordered one of the 1gb ones about 2 days ago. Supposedly they aren't being released until tomorrow - we'll see when I get it. The 2 gb version is due in a couple of weeks.

For under $40 it looks like a good device for the gym and extreme portability. I was thinking of getting an Ipod shuffle but this is better because it has a screen (more control) and FM (to hear TV broadcasts in the gym). For this purpose I only care if sound quality is acceptable doesn't have to be the absolute best.

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katysax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered one of the 1gb ones about 2 days ago. Supposedly they aren't being released until tomorrow - we'll see when I get it. The 2 gb version is due in a couple of weeks.

For under $40 it looks like a good device for the gym and extreme portability. I was thinking of getting an Ipod shuffle but this is better because it has a screen (more control) and FM (to hear TV broadcasts in the gym). For this purpose I only care if sound quality is acceptable doesn't have to be the absolute best.

Are you sure those are not available (USA stores) in 2gb yet? I was going to go try and pick up that 2gb sansa clip today.

Oct 31, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure those are not available (USA stores) in 2gb yet? I was going to go try and pick up that 2gb sansa clip today.

You might be right. They aren't available on Amazon yet, but some people have reported picking one up at Best Buy.

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
except you don't have to shuffle and can actually pick what you want to hear.

confused.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #10 of 16
not many people understand or care to lookup that you can play the ipod shuffle in a straight through manner. the clip offers the ability to browse through id3 tags and playlists, though.

Nov 1, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not many people understand or care to lookup that you can play the ipod shuffle in a straight through manner

phew, thats what i thought, thanks for clarifying my own sanity there
eek.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not many people understand or care to lookup that you can play the ipod shuffle in a straight through manner. the clip offers the ability to browse through id3 tags and playlists, though.

Unless playlist is memorized, I'd say it's not too much different than shuffling.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by leoftw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine at best buy today :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268886

How is the hiss/noise with those FX-33s?
How would you classify the sound, spectrally speaking. Is it bass heavy/on the warm side... or brighter in presentation?

thanks

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #14 of 16
I have heard the SQ on the new Sandisk players is great. A few people who have New Ipods (160gb classics) have said that the sound quality for the Clip and View is on par, if not better than the Ipod Classics. I thought this was a pretty bold statement, but the people really feel that it is true. I thought this was impressive because I never really like the Sandisk sound.

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #15 of 16
kramer5150;3404305 said:
How is the hiss/noise with those FX-33s?
How would you classify the sound, spectrally speaking. Is it bass heavy/on the warm side... or brighter in presentation?

The bass is noticeably better but not booming bass but its there .
I say it sounds cleaner at louder volumes .

I don't hear "any" hiss noise but I do hear some with the ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back