Anyone Know Much about an IRIVER PMP 120 I Bought 1 Today for $25
Mar 19, 2009 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Carmantom

1000+ Head-Fier
I couldn't find much about this player, but I thought it would be hard to pass up at this price. It is supposed to be brand new.

I did google and do search but was unable to find very much about it.

Does anyone have much experience w/ it? Maybe you could comment on SQ.
Is it a true digital out? Can it be Rockboxxed?

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 4
Mar 19, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't find much about this player, but I thought it would be hard to pass up at this price. It is supposed to be brand new.

I did google and do search but was unable to find very much about it.

Does anyone have much experience w/ it? Maybe you could comment on SQ.
Is it a true digital out? Can it be Rockboxxed?

no the only iRivers with digital out are the iHP100 series, so iHP100, iHP120, iHP140/HP140. not sure about rockbox, why dont you look up the rockbox site?? AFAIK the analogue line-out on the iRIVER players isnt a true line out either; as you can effect the volume while using it. the line-out (analogue) on my iHP120 still sounds great, but dont know about your one; must be more of a media player with a name like that though.

either way; $25 you cant go wrong; unless its a total POC of course
tongue.gif
sorry to shatter your dreams of getting a digital line-out for $25 though.

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 4
no rockbox. no digital out.

i have one. it seemed like a neat idea for portable video but after spending two weekends with about a dozen different video conversion tools i came to some conclusions.

1: all the simplified video converters are completely f'ing terrible and somehow take a 300 meg 640x480 xvid and turn it into a 500 meg 320x240 xvid that looks far worse.

2: the pmp's video player is super-anal about the fourcc and only recognizes formats that were popular in 2004. it probably could play a modern xvid converted properly with good quality if you could get the fourcc in the header to say the right stuff but i lost interest before trying the really advanced ffmpeg settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back