anyone know if denon is planning a model line change? (looking for d2000)
Aug 12, 2009 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

linuxworks

Member of the Trade: Sercona Audio
the price has jumped a LOT lately. the d2000 denons were sitting at a bit over $200. now they're closer to the $300 range ;(

and even stranger, the next model up (d5000) is going for low 400's. not a huge price diff, when before it was quite large.

is there a model change happening soon, in this line? or just supply/demand stuff going on?

I was hoping to get the 'good price' on some d2000s but it seems I have to wait again. how long do these cycles take?
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the price has jumped a LOT lately. the d2000 denons were sitting at a bit over $200. now they're closer to the $300 range ;(

and even stranger, the next model up (d5000) is going for low 400's. not a huge price diff, when before it was quite large.

is there a model change happening soon, in this line? or just supply/demand stuff going on?

I was hoping to get the 'good price' on some d2000s but it seems I have to wait again. how long do these cycles take?
wink.gif

Yeah... I was kind of looking at them for my frist headphones since I saw a look of good recs and impressions... but the price is ridic on ebay right now. It's actually mostly above 350$ from what I see

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 21
Why would the price go up if they were planning on making the D2ks obsolete?

I think that the reason for the price increase is denon however. If I recall correctly, they started cracking down on unauthorized distributors like buy.com which were selling for far under the MSRP. Since then, the prices have gone up from about $200 to about $300, basically what you describe.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 21
I think the Amazon prices, at least, fluctuate randomly and periodically. Put a pair in your cart and check every day for a couple of months. My guess is that you'll get a good price if you are patient. If you can't afford to wait, $300 is a fair price from an authorized dealer for these headphones in my opinion. That's what I paid and I do not regret it.

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #11 of 21
that's odd. i got my d2000 from amazon less than a month ago. think it was right around $200.

they are currently sitting in a box right now ready to be sent back because i went w/ the d7000 instead. i called up j&r and asked if they would still sell them for the price they were at last month. the sales rep just had to ask a manager, which he quickly approved. yay!

they arrived this past monday ...and wow. are leaps and bounds above the d2000 :p

Aug 13, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #14 of 21
I just ordered a pair from J&R - they quoted me $250 over the phone, and I talked 'em down to $230 including shipping. So clearly it's still possible to get them for a lot cheaper than list, it just seems that Denon may have smacked people around regarding the published price.

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #15 of 21
mine was $250 but with so-called free 2nd day shipping.

so we basically got the same deal. I always like 2nd day air as ground service, well, it sucks no matter where its coming from (and this is going all the way cross country).

at first, they did say the cost was $250. I asked for 2nd day shipping, they quoted me a price and then after I paused (quite a while) he offered to comp the shipping. its often like that (lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back