Anyone know how to improve Winamps streaming performance?
Sep 21, 2004 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pbirkett

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wondering if anyone knows of anything I can do to improve Winamps streaming performance. I like to listen to radio stations like Digitally Imported from the shoutcast website, which is in 192K. I have 512K broadband, and it plays ok most of the time, but has a tendency to stutter / jump now and again.

I'm just wondering if there is some way it can be "buffered" more than I guess it probably is already so to prevent such jumping?

Cheers

Sep 21, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 4
512k dosnt' even qualify as broadband technically.

All I can suggest is check your buffer settings, look for obvious settings and set them higher. I doubt there is anything you can really with that slow of a connection.

Sep 21, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
512k dosnt' even qualify as broadband technically.

All I can suggest is check your buffer settings, look for obvious settings and set them higher. I doubt there is anything you can really with that slow of a connection.

It's not THAT slow
smily_headphones1.gif

If you're using DirectSound there should be a tab for 'streaming' or something like that. The default buffer is 64KB, set it to 256KB. That should be plenty to cover you if your connection hiccups (that's like a 15 second buffer at 128Kb).

--Illah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back