Anyone know bicycles? (Falcon Majorca?)
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xiaoipower

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys!

Hoping to draw on the vast pool of knowledge that lurks here. But I'm considering buying a second hand bike as my current one could be described as an anagram of the word "hits".

Unfortunately I don't have much money nor know-how as to bike brands but was wondering if you any of you had heard of a brand called 'Falcon Majorca'

I can't seem to find much info on it - it appears to be a rather vintage model.

Here is the link -

Falcon Majorca Gents Touring Bike Gateacre Liverpool used bicycle sports equipment fitness

any info or tips in general on buying second hand bikes (i.e. what to look for, questions to ask) would be great

thanks

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Falcons are GOOD bikes - I say: Grab It!!

If your current bike is an anagram for "hits" <clever> then the chrome-moly frame of the Falcon will be a revelation to you, not to mention the (I'm sure they are) lightweight aluminum rims. Before you buy, give each wheel a spin, and they should spin smoothly without wobble. If they do wobble, ask for a lower price. Lightweight wheels make hill climbing sooooo much easier! Also, you will get respect, but watch out for bike thieves - buy a good lock as well as the bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back