Anyone know anything about these headphone amps??
Apr 13, 2003 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 9
I've never heard of this outfit.

The G91 STD (for 50-2000 ohm loads) looks interesting since it's such a potent little amp and accepts an unbalanced RCA input connection.

However, the following statement is disconcerting. It appears that low-frequency extension is deliberately limited.
Quote:

The frequency range is limited to a useful band to protect the headphones against damages by inaudible frequencies.

It looks like the G94 (for 8-200 ohm loads) is only available with a balanced XLR input connection.

TravelLite

Apr 13, 2003 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 9
add som pics:

G91

G91_front.jpg

G94

G94_front.JPG

G96

G96_front.JPG

Back G96

G96_back.JPG

I think these amps look interesting!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 9
Those are made for pro use, they may be powerful amps but the sound quality is compromised, but who knows, maybe they are good, but usually those pro amps are not even hi-fi or hi-end gear

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 9
This stuff looks like Pro equipment— that is, stuff made for recording studios and the like. For whatever reason, Pro equipment is never spoken of as comparable to consumer audio gear. Pro stuff is extremely well-built, but as with 'Studio Monitor' loudspeakers, it's often not the most 'musical;' it's designed to be analytical, to let the recording engineer or mixer hear every little detail.

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 9
Well not always, I have a pair of Alesis Monitor One MKII, pasive monitors and they sound very good, and very musical, at the distance they are intended to, near to mid field.....for long distances I don't know I never had tried them, my listening room is not too big for that...

Apr 14, 2003 at 7:56 AM Post #9 of 9
I know they are pro-amps but they look pretty serious though compared to other pro-amps with like 5 or more headphone outputs. The prices and build quality seems to be right too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back