Anyone know anything about the "Valve X"
Apr 24, 2002 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
I stumbled upon this site earlier...looks like a nice amp. I would like to try it. Anyone here know anything about it?

http://www.katch.ne.jp/~fukaya-s/valvex.htm

valvex_1.jpg

valvex_2.jpg

valvex_3.jpg

Apr 24, 2002 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 13
Apr 24, 2002 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
Funny, I just stumbled upon it myself. Anybody read Japanese?

http://airy.co.jp/sub_review.htm

You mean, Japanese and English. The ones who can only read Japanese aren't allowed to post (but they can't translate very well, either).

Apr 24, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
You mean, Japanese and English. The ones who can only read Japanese aren't allowed to post (but they can't translate very well, either).

they gave Koss "the plug" and HD600s both B's
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 13
I don't read Japanese (and whether or not I do english are questionable
wink.gif
). But here is babelfish's:

Quote:

Ex-Pro Valve-X

* Feature *
* 12AU7 load push pull drives the tube, to be strong, stir sound

The amplifier of the vacuum tube it meaning that this is unprecedented, whether some sound does was the pleasure.
Is the vacuum tube headphone amplifier the Yamamoto acoustic technical art, the MUSICAL.F... probably extent?
Ordering with Akihabara audio, XXYEN 46500 was.

The Valve - the X arriving, when the audition you try doing promptly, it was powerful sound truly.
But, characteristic of affinity of the CDP being too powerful, the ear becomes tired in the listening of long time.
Gouy gouy being to be good it does, the sound which is approached, but there is no moisture a little in sound, the vocal lotus key pitch
It becomes and it seemed that is spoiled the good quality of the HD600.
Also for bass to come out, however it is to come out, it is the sound that it has extended to low-end,
Is. Weight of the vocal and the wind instrument is light, is.

If speaking clearly, as for affinity of the HD600 you think it is not good excessively.

Postscript: As for above-mentioned composition before aging is completed still sufficiently, with the thought which is written, recently aging almost completion
Because it does, again you try to add.

When you compare with before the aging, the ‚Ô sound which wants being pliant, it became loose.
In the past somewhat in the treble the ƒLƒc, those where it is became matter of concern, but it seems that is cancelled delicately. So creek
When it compares, there is a flashiness. It reached the point where also bass comes out, but to low-end the extension it finishes
It did not seem the way.
In addition you think carving the image of sound to be deep became entirely the I I feeling.

Postscript 2:
The Valve-X recently with combination of the ELEGA and the portable CD in the desk side putting
It is usual.
Sometimes, the HD600 it has applying, it increases, but straight it expresses enormously being to be good, but
When bass is weak a little, the treble passing clearly, a little the ƒLƒc, feeling, the stripe stripe it does.
When it matches with the ƒxƒCƒ„?[, being hearing it has been it does, but how it probably is what?
Someone m entry you ask in the human BBS which has been combined with the ƒxƒCƒ„?[ (the __) m

- 12AU7?~ 2

- Impedance selector switch being attached of headphone

May 2, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 13
Im getting closer to buying this sucker. All I have to do now is raise the money. Audiocubes will be able to special order them.

May 2, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 13
The guy at audiocubes is calling his supplier, he thinks he might be able to get it if there is enough demand. Anyone else here wanna be the guinea pig with this? I will not have the money for another month. From the looks of it, it seems like a good match for the HD600

May 2, 2002 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 13
Tim -- I'm confused, are you getting the player, or the headphone amp? I presume from your "...nice match with HD600..." comment, that you mean head amp. How much?

PS Mark, thanks for the translation.

May 2, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #12 of 13
Audiocubes can get it for these prices.

Ex-Pro Valve-X US$475
Estimated packing weight: 8kgs
Shipping: US$99

May 3, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #13 of 13
Dagnabit, that's out of my price range. You'll have to tell us how it sounds...
frown.gif
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back