Anyone know anything about Avenged Sevenfold?
May 13, 2006 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Ive heard the name numerous times over the past year, but never actually heard any music.
Happen to have Fuse on TV and "Bat Country" was playing and it was surprisingly quite good. Solid drumming, some nice guitar solos and the singer's voice aint bad either.
Are these guys a one hit wonder or is their some real talent here?

May 13, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 12
I got into them a little after hearing "bat country" as well. They have an awesome drummer but their sound is a little too emo-ish for me. Kind of like a mixture of Guns N' Roses and Papa Roach (who?).

May 13, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymon
I got into them a little after hearing "bat country" as well. They have an awesome drummer but their sound is a little too emo-ish for me. Kind of like a mixture of Guns N' Roses and Papa Roach (who?).

yeah-drumming is what got me...
but the emo thing makes me want to leap off my terrace; thanx for the heads up.

May 13, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 12
Yeah I can't stand them anymore. I made this name when I was 12 and I thought they were cool :\ It's stuck with me since so I really don't care.

May 13, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #8 of 12
I picked up the their last cd fueled by the contant radio playage of "bat country." The reason I was into the sound is because it was a throw back to the stuff I used to listen to in highschool: megadeth (hmm...yeah my username created from constant megadeth listening back then), metallica, pantera, ozzy, aic, etc... It was refreshing to hear the guitar solos and some pretty nice drumming.

Oh yeah, a friend of mine said that the singer strained his voice or had something happen to where he had to rehabilitate. All I no is it's not much more than a cookie monster impression to me at times...he's the last aspect of their music I listen to.

I would refrain from saying that they are the real deal...they are good at doing what they do, I guess they are making metal cool for a whole new generation. But for me it was a "been there done that" feeling. I will listen to the album, maybe from time to time but I do not see myself picking up anything else out of their catalog. This is not a case of student is now the master...they have alot to learn from their fore fathers yet.

May 13, 2006 at 12:24 PM Post #10 of 12
Meh.......

Their older CD's are better. The latest one isn't bad, so i guess it just comes down to wether you prefer screaming or not.

BTW, if you are into their drummer, he has some beastly solos on their earlier CDs.
They were better before they got all popular and MTV-ish.......Now they are just going to go down the tubes, it happens to everyone. Once they get discovered, they just throw everything in their past out the window and completly change just to get their latest single on MTV and sell as many CDs as possible.

May 17, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by afireinside
I listened to them a lot until I saw this picture... Then I never listened to them again.

http://www.recordhall.com/pictures/punk/avenge2.jpg

haha...good one..kinda try hard

i have two of their albums..sounding the seven trumpet and city of evil....the latter, in my opinion was horrible..All Music gave it a higher rating but nonetheless...still thought it sucked

i dont know..for some reason i tend to compare them to underoath than all the other bands in the genre...and i prefer underoath by a mile

May 17, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #12 of 12
I used to like them and then turned to some real metal, rather than wannabe *hardcore* emo stuff.. they have yet a little talent in themselves, they just need to turn it the right way..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back