Anyone into paintball?
Jul 26, 2006 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jon.

500+ Head-Fier
I recently went for the second time in my life sunday, It was awesome, I went home and ordered a gun/accessories that night (600$ Sorry about my wallet indeed
very_evil_smiley.gif
). I'm so anxious waiting for them to show up, even though I know it'll be over a week away.
plainface.gif

I didn't see any recent paintball threads, thought I'd throw this back out there. Any other head-fiers into this wonderful game/sport?

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 11
I play, not nearly as often as I'd like, but way more often than I can afford. Sorry about your wallet indeed. Paintball is just too damn expensive. I enjoy woodsball still, but I'm all about the speedball. I'm the front man that gets shot all the time
biggrin.gif

I have a custom designed and built electropneumatic marker based on an automag valve. It's insane. It's hands down the most compact marker I've seen, with redundant breakbeam eyes and chopfree bolt never ever chops, and gets 10,000 shots to a 9v. It also will shoot 20 bps without shootdown.

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 11
I've gone about 5 or 6 times. At first, my dad bought me a gun which we thought was decent at the time, but then realized how bad it really was. We were actually going to just get a new barrel for it and a mask, but I ended up just getting a Spyder TL-X with the stock barrell and a 16" barrell and all those other starter kit items (mask, hopper, etc.)

I got the cheap-o mask for one reason only. The only other mask in store was JT, and when I used a rental JT, the foam felt like it was burning my skin away. It just hurt no matter what. I tried all of the JT masks on. No good for me, and I didn't want to risk spending 50-100 online for a mask, and then finding it just as bad. The cheap-o foam is much nicer. I just wear it with a hat, since there's no visor.

Now what I REALLY want is a higher level gun with a rocking e-trigger.

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 11
i went paintballing the other day with some friends for the first time. can't say it was all that great. it wasnt bad, but not something worth paying $50 for. it maybe be better if I was with all friends.

I did get shot in the eye of the mask twice. scared the crap outta me.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14
i went paintballing the other day with some friends for the first time. can't say it was all that great. it wasnt bad, but not something worth paying $50 for.

That's the annoying part, some places I've looked at online have dumb prices for paint. The guy at our field here charges 25$ for 500 rounds or 20 if there's a group of 10 or more. And from what I've noticed he's fairly lax about using your own paint as long as you buy at least a bag of 500 from him. It's reasonable I guess.

I don't drink I don't smoke, gotta spend my money somewhere!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
I have a custom designed and built electropneumatic marker based on an automag valve. It's insane. It's hands down the most compact marker I've seen, with redundant breakbeam eyes and chopfree bolt never ever chops, and gets 10,000 shots to a 9v. It also will shoot 20 bps without shootdown.

micro x-mag? i had an automag once... i miss that thing....

i used to paintball, but spent $400 on it last summer, so i stopped. i airsoft now, which initially is more expensive, but much, much cheaper in the long run.

if anyone wants a spyder imagine with a CP custom 1 piece barrel and a 12v revvy, PM me

Jul 27, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #10 of 11
Been there done that. I played for 2 years and had the absolute top of the line stuff. But once I got kicked off my team, I just didnt feel like playing anymore. My gun history:
Spyder E99 w/ CO2 and a Revvy
E-Blade Cocker w/ a wierd shaped CF tank and a Revvy. (was the first one to own an E-Blade, at least at my field)
And finally, my beloved Dye Matrix 04. I was again the first person to own one of these. I had a halo and a 68/45 tank on it and the first upgrade chip they made for it. Spent over $2000 for all the stuff, and ended up selling it for $1350. I still miss it though.
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #11 of 11
played region tourney back in 2001 in the now defunct pan am series. Best we ever did was 3rd in the rookie division (1st year in that circuit). At least got my mug inside Action Pursuit Games.

was using an old school 97'cocker with a dye stainless barrel. After two years money and burn out from travelling killed it for me. I think back then top of line were the angel LCDs lol. This is the era of old school ironmen, aftershock,avalanche. Tourneys were still being played in the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back