Anyone into British Comedy?
Apr 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #61 of 76
I must recommend:

1) Peep Show. Possibly the best comedy in all of television right now. Two neurotic roommates living in London, one's a paranoid low-level banker and the other's a lazy wannabe musician. Think UK Office, Arrested Development and (maybe) Curb your Enthusiasm put together. All 5 seasons (30 eps) are up on Youtube.

2) The Thick of It: sort of a 21st century take on Yes Minister. Only one season, I think, with a couple of hour-long specials. Again, Youtube.

3) The Inbetweeners - American Pie+Peep Show. Not as good as the above two shows, but a much funnier and more realistic take on teen life. Most of the S1 episodes are on Youtube. The Current S2 episodes have been pretty boring.

Apr 29, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #63 of 76
This is kinda old British comedy, but John Cleese recently visited my school since he's currently the Provost's Visiting Prof here and he was talking a lot about his career doing Monty Python and all his other work, he's so awesome!

May 1, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #66 of 76
Best comedy show ever is Coupling... it's just brilliant, especially the first season.
Inferno... 'nuff said.
smily_headphones1.gif

YouTube - Coupling ep.1 (1/3)

Other great shows are Black books, Father Ted, Teachers and basically anything with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry (for example, YouTube - Little problem at school ). QI and Top Gear are awesome as well, even if they aren't pure comedy shows.

May 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #68 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldfinger1111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody into Black Books?

Count me in. Great show. That & the Boosh, & yes, early Tubbs & co. Dark dark dark...wonderful.

And on a threadjacking note: is it just me or is Allan Carr just not funny? Or the guy with the seriously Italian shirt collars, wossisname...

May 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #69 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldfinger1111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody into Black Books?

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in. Great show.

I like Dylan Moran, especially in stand up. I've seen him about 4 times, and he cracks me up
beyersmile.png

Quote:

And on a threadjacking note: is it just me or is Allan Carr just not funny?

If it's the same guy who wrote the 'Easy Way to Give up Smoking'... then no, he's not funny at all
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #70 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it's the same guy who wrote the 'Easy Way to Give up Smoking'... then no, he's not funny at all
biggrin.gif

LOL! Nice...

May 2, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #71 of 76
Black Books is one of my favorite shows ever. Also enjoyed Spaced. Looking forward to the superhero one, whatever it's called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back