Anyone interested in "Maxing" my Millet Hybrid?
Oct 18, 2007 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jellybones

500+ Head-Fier
I have been considering selling my Millet, but after no one really wanting it and after talking to a few people I've decided maybe it just needs an upgrade. Here are the parts that are used and a picture:

BUF634 buffers
Wima film caps
Elna Cerafine electrolitic caps
Cardas rca connectors
Vishay/Dale resistors
Neutrik headphone jack
Hammond case
Elpac PSU
ALPS RK27 pot

I'm just looking for a full max upgrade. Anyone willing? Let's work something out.

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been considering selling my Millet, but after no one really wanting it and after talking to a few people I've decided maybe it just needs an upgrade. Here are the parts that are used and a picture:

BUF634 buffers
Wima film caps
Elna Cerafine electrolitic caps
Cardas rca connectors
Vishay/Dale resistors
Neutrik headphone jack
Hammond case
Elpac PSU
ALPS RK27 pot

I'm just looking for a full max upgrade. Anyone willing? Let's work something out.

The main thing you need is to build and install Steinchen's Diamond Buffer board. You might contact Steinchen or Nate. I believe they both have some DB boards lying around somewhere. Refer to Steinchen's site for the parts list and construction:

http://www.diamondstar.de/dDB_overview.html

You'll have to remove the C2 Cerafines you've got in there. There mustn't be anything that crosses that white line rectangle drawn around the center part of the board - that's the outline of the DB board in order to fit. What you need are some smaller 220uf Cerafines, BG's, or ES's, or some regular power caps since they are all bypassed by your Roedersteins(?) or whatever those green film caps are.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 4
I agree with tom, the dB is excellent, and i have a spare one if you want it. It has most the parts but is missing the pins to allow it to be attached to the board.

ALso you could try some black gate caps in the main output cap positions, but no need to spend loads of money as i doubt there would be a load of difference.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Actually, I have a fully built diamond buffer laying around.
eek.gif

Shoot me a PM if you're interested, it's been a box for 6 months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back