anyone interested in a really serious listening session in Cincinnati?
Jul 27, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #16 of 44
I go back to school on the 22nd, so anything after that would be bad. However, my Millet should be done by then, and if tkam ends up going then he's more than welcome to bring it along. I'd like to hear sacd_lover's honest opinion on it!

edit: I'd still like to meet the Ohio Head-Fi contingent, so maybe sometime later this year we can meet up? Christmas break would be perfect for me...

Jul 27, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #17 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
If bg4533 can make it he can ride with me. I can take all my talking out on Brian before I arrive.
basshead.gif
Well... try to anyway. I have been wanting to meet Thaddy and his millet and tkam and his dynahi so this meet is especially appealing.
icon10.gif

Thanks
icon10.gif
I finally got a car a month ago so now I can drive myself if necessary. I'd rather carpool if it works out though.

Lets see here...
My GF will be in from Dayton August 11 and 12. She talked about staying through Saturday, but this hasn't been decided. She is leaving for Ireland for the next week and won't be back until January. Do you think kicking her out Saturday so I can go to a Head-Fi meet would be bad?
wink.gif

I think I will be in Illinois on August 27 helping a friend move.

Just schedule the meet without me. If I can make it I will let you know.

edit:
August 13 is definately out. 27th might work.

Aug 1, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 44
I might be able to do the 27th. If so I will have the EC2A3/300B, EC DM-1, EC DM-2 and hopefully the ZanaDuex will be in too, just for you, whahoo.
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #19 of 44
So it's looking like it'll be the 27th. I'll have the following (all headphones will be balanced):

SFT Audio Dynamight
HP3000
K3000
L3000
HD650
SACDMods Denon 2900
Underwoodhifi Modded Music Hall Maverick

Aug 2, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #20 of 44
Hmm i might be able to make it...unfortunately its during the school year, i might have my license by then but i doubt they will let me drive to cinci by myself. How long do you think the meet will be? I might be able to convince them to a trip for the weekend or something.

Aug 2, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
So it's looking like it'll be the 27th. I'll have the following (all headphones will be balanced):

SFT Audio Dynamight
HP3000
K3000
L3000
HD650
SACDMods Denon 2900
Underwoodhifi Modded Music Hall Maverick

Yowser!!!
biggrin.gif

I will have a Singlepower something, senn hd600/ cardas or senn 600/ headphile and one of my sources. I will probably bring a few extras like some signalcable outlet extensions, tubes and some extra interconnets.

Aug 3, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #24 of 44
Sorry, as previously mentioned, the Zana Duex will not be done in time for the meet. However, I probably will be bringing a second source with me. Yes, and it features a two tube output, two power supplies w/extra filtering and caps on both, more capacitance than any other cd player available, crystal super clock, 196hz/24bit upsampler dac, and the best high end transport phillips makes incorporated into it's insides. It depends on my financial and shipping transactions being completed in time.
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
eggosmile.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #27 of 44
Welcome Smittysan. Don't forget to bring us all some light bulbs.
orphsmile.gif
biggrin.gif
280smile.gif
tongue.gif
600smile.gif
cool.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
rolleyes.gif
lambda.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #29 of 44
Whaduyamean
confused.gif
a "Gag Order" has been issued by EddieRex on SACDlover?
basshead.gif
blink.gif
I have always learned a lot from hearing this great HeadFier during his "classroom like" discussions. Maybe there is a lounge nearby to use for that, with a coffee machine.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back