Anyone in the US making a digikey order in the not-to-distant future?
Sep 12, 2008 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

onocentaur

100+ Head-Fier
If so, can I ask a favour? I'd like to get a couple of ECQ-P(Z) caps - to make a Corda Crossfeed filter - but the delivery charge to the UK is silly; £12 on an order of less than £5.
So if some kind US DIYer would add these caps to their order, and then bung them in a little padded envelope and ship it by standard airmail to me, I would be very grateful! I will obviously pay full costs by PayPal.
biggrin.gif

The caps I want are
3 x P3828-ND (0.0015uf)
2 x P3864-ND (0.047uf)
3 x P3872-ND (0.1uf) (I know that's more than I need - 1 spare of each!)

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get these caps in the UK?
Further alternatively: are there any other caps that would do the job as well? Somehow I've always supposed that the Panasonic ECQ-P(Z) were the best for this kind of job - I think I got that from Tangents site - but perhaps I'm wrong!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 9
Heh.. Actually, I haven't ordered yet.
I might grab some mkp's too for my ppa bassboost.

I'm not exactly sure how to evaluate the specs between the mkp4, mkp10, and mkp2.. each line of capacitor carries the values and dimensions I need. Any insight?

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #8 of 9
MKP2 are small values polypropylene metalized film caps with 5mm pitch, can be very helpfull when small parts are desired, often used as (de)coupling caps.

MKP4 and MKP10 are polypropylene metalized film caps but also available in larger values with larger pitch (7.5mm - 37.5mm).
Theoretically, MKP10 is faster than MKP4 (comparing maximum pulse rise time V/µsec).
Both types can be used in audio applications however MKP10 is prefered, especially when it's direct in the signal path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back